Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Back seat Head rest on or off

View Poll Results: Rear head Rest on or off
Head rest on 86 54.43%
Head rest off 72 45.57%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #41
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine off for the first 120,000 miles of my trucks life to maximize visibility but then put em back in when I got leather because they look so much better. Not to mention I got lots of complaints from back seat passengers that it was uncomfortable without em.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #42
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I had mine out for about 5 minutes today in the parking lot at work. It looks better with them in place and I have no where to put them while they are off so I just put them back on.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #43
hey...I can change this!
kbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kbp68's Tacoma Gallery
Kids ride back there. Can't be bothered to take the out & put them back in, so I leave them in.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #44
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are still on in my Double Cab - I can see just fine.

I agree with all that has been said about the need to leave them in if you frequently have passengers back there...or have them put them in should somebody need to ride back there.

No need to beat a dead horse but in a wreck, with somebody in the back without a headrest...bye, bye C-spine.

Fink
Old 08-19-2011, 05:09 PM   #45
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
i fold mine down
Old 09-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #46
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i took just the middle on out on my DC. helped allot. i keep the sides in i dont have 5 people much. manly just me and 2 or 3 other people thats it.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #47
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
just noticed this yesterday when i was backing my jet ski up and had the hardest time seeing it... but will do today when i walk outside
Old 09-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #48
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
In my SAAB (sorry no taco yet) I keep the rear ones folded down unless I have a passenger in the back. Its not even really a debate - headrests like that save lives and prevent injuries in many collisions. I like the peace of mind knowing my passengers have a lot of protections for very little effort on my part.

Dont the '12 double cabs have foldable headrests? That's what it looks like...
Old 09-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #49
c.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to beholdc.coulby is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cameron
c.coulby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I leave mine on. I see just fine with them there.
x2
Old 09-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #50
SB11Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
SB11Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are on..doesnt bother me at all.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #51
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Took off the right and left and kept the center, as my usual passenger sits back there in a booster seat. If I have a truck full of heads, I can pull them out from behind the back seats. That's not very often though. There's no doubt that vision is improved w/o em. I just want them when I need them. I wish they were lower profile. Or what about the old style headrests w/the centers cut out? Seemed popular in the 80's. Probably req's more metal, which costs more.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #52
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
Dont the '12 double cabs have foldable headrests? That's what it looks like...
I see what you are talking about, but I'm not sure that applies to the seats being in the upright position.

I'm also not convinced that they completely "fold" like that, either. But I honestly have no idea.

Fink
Old 09-07-2011, 08:35 AM   #53
TpƐwom
mhuff29 is on a distinguished road

Army: 1LT Battalion S2 SIGINT Officer
Name: Matt
mhuff29's Tacoma Gallery
Never have rear passengers except for my dog...so they're off and have been ever since 2005.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #54
Taco Jinx...
ewa2fl is on a distinguished road

Name: Ed
ewa2fl's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to ewa2fl
08 Dbl Cab here, just took them off last week, wow what a difference! No use for them unless like "Redhed" said, off-roading & have back seat passengers...
Old 09-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #55
Landscape Photographer
harleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura about

Name: Harley
harleyg's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Access cab. I pulled them out last weekend and then decided to pull the back seats as well. More room for my dog, the only back seat passenger. I stored them carefully in the garage and will reinstall if I ever sell the truck.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #56
Qjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shedQjake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Billy
Qjake's Tacoma Gallery
funny you ask. i always had mine on except for the left rear where my daughters car seat is, the headrest interfered with her seat. but took the others out just yesterday to wash the window and left em out to try it. defiantly much better view than with them in so guess unless i got peeps back there I'll leave em out

Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
In my SAAB (sorry no taco yet) I keep the rear ones folded down unless I have a passenger in the back. Its not even really a debate - headrests like that save lives and prevent injuries in many collisions. I like the peace of mind knowing my passengers have a lot of protections for very little effort on my part.

AGREED!

Dont the '12 double cabs have foldable headrests? That's what it looks like... they look like access cab headrests prolly used em for the pics cuz they didn't know the holes in the seat bottoms are there to store the headrests
Old 09-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #57
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
I tried switching the ones from my wifes 4runner to my truck but they don't fit!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #58
jzicc86 is a glorious beacon of lightjzicc86 is a glorious beacon of lightjzicc86 is a glorious beacon of lightjzicc86 is a glorious beacon of lightjzicc86 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: jake
jzicc86's Tacoma Gallery
mine r off i took them off first day i bought my truck
Old 09-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #59
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
I was taught to use the side mirrors so the head rest do not bother me. Plus i care what happens to my guest while in my truck. Some have said they keep them on the floor and tell the passenger to pop one in. How many times has someone taken the time to pop one in, I know i wouldn't take the time...................