Head rest on 86 54.43%
Head rest off 72 45.57%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
Spazawa is on a distinguished road
Navy: Ex Navy
Spazawa's Tacoma Gallery
Back seat Head rest on or off

I recently took my rear head rest off. It improved my vision. If you havenot done it yet try it.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
No head, no headrest.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
Rookie
txtrd is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
txtrd's Tacoma Gallery
My headrests are on for now, but I'm debating going topless. I have a friend who took her's off and threw them behind the seats the day she got her Taco in 08...and hasn't seen them since.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I leave mine on. I see just fine with them there.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
Fodder4U is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
Fodder4U's Tacoma Gallery
Mine flip down in the Access Cab so no need to remove. I assume the ones in the DC do not do this?
Old 08-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
Motorboatin' SOB
Redhed will become famous soon enoughRedhed will become famous soon enough

Name: Paul
Redhed's Tacoma Gallery
I took them off because it's much easier to see cars in my rear view mirror of my Double Cab with them gone. I don't have passengers back there too often, but if I'm planning a road trip with buddies, I'll pop them back in.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #7
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
initially took them off because I was use to the giant back window in my dodge ram (previous truck) but I was concern of a back end collision and a rear passenger getting whiplashed against the glass so they're back in now. for now.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
If there off, hope you guys are never in a wreck.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #9
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
If there off, hope you guys are never in a wreck.
this.

My kids are who mostly ride in the backseats and they're in carseats or low enough that it won't matter. But I couldn't live with a buddy's head injury because i took a headrest out.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #10
Fuera culeros..
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
I take them off when no ones back there n normally just slide them between the seats so they don't jump everywhere...then when I got passengers I put them back on
Old 08-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch14 View Post
this.

My kids are who mostly ride in the backseats and they're in carseats or low enough that it won't matter. But I couldn't live with a buddy's head injury because i took a headrest out.
Exactly. Its bad enough your head can go right, left and straight forward. Been on many many wrecks that were mostly rollovers and 90% of the patients had some sort of head injury whether it was trauma or internal. Now thinking about the fact that your head can be swung to the back makes it very scary.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #12
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
I took them off but slid them halfway under my driver and passenger seats, and whenever I do have a buddy back there, I tell them to pop one in.

I couldn't really see with them on and I was concerned that I would try and merge lanes and hit someone because I couldn't see out the back.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #13
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Took off the middle one in my DC.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.

Another thing to keep in mind people, the more loose objects you have in your vehicle, the more projectiles them become in a vehicle accident or rollover.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #15
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Now thinking about the fact that your head can be swung to the back makes it very scary.
True. But the glass breaking as your melon hits it slows down the rubber band effect your neck goes through. Glass shrapnel FTW!!1
Old 08-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #16
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
I took them off but slid them halfway under my driver and passenger seats, and whenever I do have a buddy back there, I tell them to pop one in.

I couldn't really see with them on and I was concerned that I would try and merge lanes and hit someone because I couldn't see out the back.
Blind spot mirrors will fix this problem stat!
I keep mine on. I see no need to remove them.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #17
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
I took them off because I can fit two car seats in my AC waaay better without them. The car seats provide better protection than the headrests do. As my kids get older and into boosters, I'll be putting them back in.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #18
07TaCo07 is on a distinguished road
07TaCo07's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the truck used so I've never had rear headrests. That's the one thing I hate about used, atleast that was the only thing missing
Old 08-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #19
colder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant future
colder's Tacoma Gallery
I took mine off but it didn't improve my vision... I'm still about 20/40 in both eyes
Old 08-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #20
TiMe is a jewel in the roughTiMe is a jewel in the roughTiMe is a jewel in the rough
TiMe's Tacoma Gallery
Took mine off the day I brought it home and they havent been on since.