Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tsb @ beaverton toyota.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
blah blah blah
inesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

inesshell's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to inesshell
Angry Tsb @ beaverton toyota.

Parents have had their new 11' 4x4 dcsb trd OR for a few months now. I took it in yesterday to get the tsb harsh ride done and they approve it and set me up in two weeks. Today i took a closer look at the invoice and realize they ordered more stuff for the installation than what is really needed (the leafs only) I went back to service and talked to the adviser that gave me this invoice and asked him why all the extra stuff and not just the springs. He didnt give me a clear answer and than i told him if the shocks are anything but the bilsteins that come stock on it i wouldnt want it. From there i ask him why are you ordering parts for my front suspension too?.....he looks at the invoice and i smile. He responds: you talk to the mechanic when you bring it in.

ive had my access sport trd done the tsb in the past with no problems and just curious if anyone else has issues with beaverton dealer.

can anyone tell me if the shocks are the black ones on the stock tacomas or trd. i wasnt able to find much information on them besides knowing that they are the shocks on the toyota parts site.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
My first guess ... the dealer is trying to get more money from Toyota. I assume that's why he wants you to talk to the mechanic, so you can say: I see you ordered all these extra parts please only swap the springs. Then they re-sell the parts not used.

People wonder why dealerships get such a bad rap ...
Old 08-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #4
blah blah blah
inesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

inesshell's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to inesshell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
are you being charged for the parts?
nope invoice was $0. they better not turn around and charge me
Old 08-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inesshell View Post
nope invoice was $0. they better not turn around and charge me
then I would just let them order whatever they want. I mean why get all worked up in a lather now? When mine was done I was given a set of the blue and yellow Bilstiens and my truck is not a TRD