Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Camper Shell Help!

Old 08-19-2011, 04:06 AM   #1
hermiehunter is on a distinguished road
hermiehunter's Tacoma Gallery
Camper Shell Help!

Can anyone identify what model of shell this is and whether or not you would recommend it? I found it for sale for a good price, but I would need to get it painted white. It's a Leer cover in great shape. Also, does anyone know if the rack is factory added or aftermarket??

Old 08-19-2011, 04:19 AM   #2
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Rack would be factory added after market Yakama or Tholluee.

Painting would not look real nice unless you're a auto body painter.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:21 AM   #3
I'm going to have it professionally painted, just wondering if it's a decent cover worth driving a few hours to look at?
Old 08-19-2011, 04:24 AM   #4
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermiehunter View Post
I'm going to have it professionally painted, just wondering if it's a decent cover worth driving a few hours to look at?
Look at the windows and compare to leer website for the model....then add cost of paint and compare total to a new one.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:25 AM   #5
I can buy it for $300. Paint quote for $225 so just over $500 total. I think it is a 100r, just wanted to see what others thought about it!
Old 08-19-2011, 04:29 AM   #6
-

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can buy it for $300. Paint quote for $225 so just over $500 total. I think it is a 100r, just wanted to see what others thought about it!
Is that like half price? Carpet, removable window by the cab, rack, would be extras to the base price....

sounds like a good deal if your paint job will look good and match
Old 08-19-2011, 04:56 AM   #7
It has a small slider window on the front. No carpet but has the rack bars on it. I don't know what it would cost new, but I would guess at least $1000.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:11 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It has a small slider window on the front. No carpet but has the rack bars on it. I don't know what it would cost new, but I would guess at least $1000.
That shell would cost you at least $1,000 new. Those rack bars seem to be added by the owner though, they don't look like a factory option. $500 for a used shell is still pretty good in my opinion. I paid more than that for mine (mine's an ARE with a light, carpeted interior and came color matched but I did buy it used).
Old 08-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
gptoy has a spectacular aura aboutgptoy has a spectacular aura aboutgptoy has a spectacular aura about
gptoy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to gptoy
I paid $2K for a 100R a couple months ago! (Everything's more expensive in Canada though). That price sounds amazing for that find.

I also got the Thule rails on mine from the factory, my rails are flush with the top tho, not above the cap like those bars are in the middle. Might be aftermarket? Do the screws on the inside of the cap look nice and tight to the ceiling with plastic caps on them? That'd be a quick way to check I think.

Either way it's a great find.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
I had a truck cap before that looked like that, guaranty would be over $1000 EASY well then again everything in Hawaii is expensive, but it looks cherry and sounds like a awesome deal!