Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help on buying tint for my tail lights

Old 08-20-2011, 02:05 AM   #1
b0mboms is on a distinguished road
b0mboms's Tacoma Gallery
Question Help on buying tint for my tail lights

I have a black '09 Toyota tacoma and am going for a all black look. I am interested in buying it from rvinyl and am wondering if http://www.rvinyl.com/tail-light-tin...acoma-2005.htm will fit my tail lights, i know that the '09 tacoma got the new LED brake lights but just wondering if this precut tint would work.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
From what ive seen the lenses are the same size, just put LED inside 2009 model. Could also VHT spray tint too, did that to mine. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...y-pics-15.html
The film is nice because its removable if theres any trouble form the po-po. The tint should be oversized so there is room to play with when its put on. Check out ebay.com too.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Just get covers, put em on with velcro, then, when the piggys get testy you can just pull em off.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Just get covers, put em on with velcro, then, when the piggys get testy you can just pull em off.
Ill rep for that.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
LJLawrence is on a distinguished road
Name: L.J.
LJLawrence's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to LJLawrence
Check out Lamin-X. It's a precut film that works awesome! Had it on my last two Suby's. They offer taillight film and also have headlight and foglight film too. That's what I'll be going with when I get enough pennies saved
Old 08-21-2011, 06:23 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJLawrence View Post
Check out Lamin-X. It's a precut film that works awesome! Had it on my last two Suby's. They offer taillight film and also have headlight and foglight film too. That's what I'll be going with when I get enough pennies saved
I bought some red film to put on my 09 tails and it was incredibly difficult to put on. I've applied film to tails before, only Subaru in fact. The Tacoma tail lights are very curvaceous, making the film difficult to apply without creases or bubbles. I ended up giving up.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:44 AM   #7
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did the exact same thing with some headlight covers I made for my car in the 80's. They were painted blue. Got pulled over a few times by the cops. I got out of my car and took them off. The cop shut up, and I drove on......
Old 08-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #8
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Us "piggys" aren't your only concern. If you have lense tint and someone rear-ends you because the light output from your brake lights is diminished then you are completely at fault. Your insurance company might not even cover you because you modified a federally mandated safety device.