Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

help! buying new HU + anyone have experience with lightinthebox.com?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
help! buying new HU + anyone have experience with lightinthebox.com?

Im looking to buy a new in-dash head unit that comes with ready to go gps, and was wondering if anyone on here has experience with this stuff. id like to spend no more that $400 and get a decent new head unit with 1) ipod hookup, 2) built in ready to go gp, and obviously 3) am/fm radio, cd, etc.

any suggestions?

i had found the two linked below, and am interested, but dont know about their quality/how this sites reputation is (lightinthebox.com). anyone have experience with either these units or this website? thanks

http://www.lightinthebox.com/7--Digi...-_p163098.html

http://www.lightinthebox.com/7--Digi...-_p146775.html

also looked at the two posted below, anyone have experience with em?

http://www.amazon.com/VM9424-6-2-Inc...3897200&sr=1-8

http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Xdvdn8190...897200&sr=1-13

recommendations?
Old 08-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
The Jensen one is the best, the other brands never heard of. Highly recomend warrenty on flip out or touch dash. If a gear or pin breaks its done. I bought a JVC arsenal ADV793. Love it so far. Got extra warrenty. Have a scratch on it, there going to fix it for me. I would wait for a sale and get a name brand. They are name brands for a reason. Dont cheap out too much. This could be you
Old 08-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
yea, what he said about namebrands....lol buy a kenwood.
wth is the brand anyways?
Old 08-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
shawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Shawn
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
I have a kenwood Dnx 6960 and really like it. I especially like the fact that the gps software is from garmin so the interface is easy and familiar and it's easy to get map updates.
I bought it from crutchfield which has great service and great return policy.

Can't beat those first two prices from lightinthebox though, although for the trouble of installing I would go with a known brand.

Shawn
Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
ottonavigps is on a distinguished road
ottonavigps's Tacoma Gallery
dont wanna span on your page, but i think i can offer better looking unit and one that works alot better haha.. check out this thread i started

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...ion-radio.html
Old 01-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
ottonavigps is on a distinguished road
ottonavigps's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Replace...698724&sr=1-33

Products Discussed in this Thread