Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

just got my 11 taco. nice truck. horrible front license plate mount. any ideas?

Old 08-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
WittyTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Gregory
WittyTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
just got my 11 taco. nice truck. horrible front license plate mount. any ideas?

i work at a car dealership and am most likely going to have my bumper repair guy fill in those screw holes and paint over it... but before i do that... anyone know of either a mounting bracket or, well, anything?

thanks!
Old 08-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up not putting it on
Old 08-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBulldawg View Post
I ended up getting this bracket:

The ARB licence plate bracket is a bit big and pricey , but looks damn good !
Old 08-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #6
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I love that license plate bracket, probably best money spent ever for that truck.

and I hate 2nd gens lol.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #7
wow. that is bad to the bone.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:24 AM   #8
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
I just found this the other day as I was in the same situation. Believe it or not walmart has the very best option for our trucks! The size of it is only half of the normal plate bracket and fits perfectly on the portion of the bumper that has the screws in it. You do not have to make any additional holes as it mounts by re-using them. It lifts the plate off of the bumper perfectly to prevent it from rubbing the paint off like it would if you screwed the plate to the bumper directly. I have pics somewhere but it is late right now and don't want to look for them!
Old 08-21-2011, 12:24 AM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #10
Landscape Photographer
harleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura about

Name: Harley
harleyg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1youluv2hate View Post
I ended up not putting it on

If you are going around CA without a front plate, police have been known to pull people over for not having a front plate if they are bored or looking for probable cause. If you happen to have had a couple of cold ones, it could get you a DUI.

Just a thought.

Harley
Old 08-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYLONATOR View Post
I just found this the other day as I was in the same situation. Believe it or not walmart has the very best option for our trucks! The size of it is only half of the normal plate bracket and fits perfectly on the portion of the bumper that has the screws in it. You do not have to make any additional holes as it mounts by re-using them. It lifts the plate off of the bumper perfectly to prevent it from rubbing the paint off like it would if you screwed the plate to the bumper directly. I have pics somewhere but it is late right now and don't want to look for them!
Be careful with those. I got a similar mounting braket but when I screwed the plate down to the bracket the screws went a little past the bracket and made 2 new holes.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
A-HA! Thanks for the tip and I will check it out tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyg View Post
If you are going around CA without a front plate, police have been known to pull people over for not having a front plate if they are bored or looking for probable cause. If you happen to have had a couple of cold ones, it could get you a DUI.

Just a thought.

Harley

thanks for the advice! i will definitely be putting it on there somewhere. i was hoping to find some sort of sturdy mount or just slap it in the windshield.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #14
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
I did the license plate removal mod.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:54 AM   #15
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyTacoma View Post
thanks for the advice! i will definitely be putting it on there somewhere. i was hoping to find some sort of sturdy mount or just slap it in the windshield.
Thought on this... my thoughts have always been, if I get in an accident of any kind, do I really want a thin slab of metal flying around the cab? My answer is no... just a thought.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #16
Tylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud of
Name: Tyler
Tylerm5000's Tacoma Gallery
I wish they would stop requiring them on the front. They mess up the laminar flow. Damn red light cameras.