Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 TACOMA MEGA-THREAD

Old 02-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
Layzboy will become famous soon enough

Name: Rob
Layzboy's Tacoma Gallery
2012 TACOMA MEGA-THREAD

Trucktrend states only "Minor Changes" to the 2012 Tacoma. Still nothing about a all new Taco at the Chicago Auto Show. So sounds like Wishful thinking for an all new Taco for '12. I thought for sure it would debut in Chi town. Toyota loves to show new trucks in Chicago.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
They just changed the gauges for the 2011s built in 2011.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the redesign was going to be for the 2013's?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The redesign already happened in 09. You guys didn't see the LED tail lights and black chrome headlight housing on the TRD models?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The redesign already happened in 09. You guys didn't see the LED tail lights and black chrome headlight housing on the TRD models?
I think the OP is talking about the major redesign of the trucks body and not just the parts.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I think the OP is talking about the major redesign of the trucks body and not just the parts.
I know. I was just kidding. There has been so much talk of an update on the Tacoma that I don't believe any of it. I'll see the update when it is on the showroom floor for sale. Even then I really don't care because I'm not going to trade in just to get the same truck again. My truck is just fine.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
Goez2FST will become famous soon enough
Name: Andrew
Goez2FST's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

Hahahah and dont forget about the all-new backup camera!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
fishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud of
fishshooter's Tacoma Gallery
ATRAC!! Wait, what was the question?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I figured that the taco redesign would follow the 4runner redesign. How many years has it been? I guess it will get here when it gets here.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #10
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I have seen the new gauges, they Are really cool. Do you guys think that the part is Really expensive? I would change mine for the new ones anyday.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:15 AM   #11
fishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud of
fishshooter's Tacoma Gallery
Then we will have to listen about how bad they suck and any new technology on them is crap, until everyone gets one.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #12
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
i thought the new double scoop hood was going to be on the 2012?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #13
trd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
trd09's Tacoma Gallery
it's still the best truck in it's class that's selling well. why rush a new product to the mkt?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #14
CelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kate
CelticTaco151's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goez2FST View Post
Hahahah and dont forget about the all-new backup camera!
Not gonna lie, when I back up I am a head turner and look where I am going, so I never thought I would use the camera. I was wrong. I love to use it for parking.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticTaco151 View Post
Not gonna lie, when I back up I am a head turner and look where I am going, so I never thought I would use the camera. I was wrong. I love to use it for parking.
I still check for stuff but then I just use the camera. If you use it at night in a dark area the reverse lights create an arrow with the center of it being the tow hitch.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #16
jking3002 is on a distinguished road

Army: USAG Fort Knox
Name: Jonathan
jking3002's Tacoma Gallery
I've been thinking this for a while. The taco is the best selling mid-sized truck and they just made changes to the line-up (offering more auto's, the tx pro, etc.)

Why fix what isn't broken? Often redesigns don't go well. Look at what happened to the Cavalier or to the Dakota after their last redesigns. Sales plummeted.

IMO, we might not see a new Taco until it is over-passed in sales by the Frontier for a few years in a row. I won't complain. Makes my truck look newer, and keeps the prices down. Really, I think that's part of the reason why the mid-sized market has collapsed. The prices of the trucks are much too close to that of the full-sized. People in the midwest love cheap, compact, 4x4 trucks. It suites most of their needs perfectly.

I've been thinking how smart it would be for a company like Kia or Hyundai to offer a true new compact truck with the base model for 15k.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #17
mparker is on a distinguished road
mparker's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to mparker
hey guys, i wanted to chime in...

I will be in a position to buy at the end of the year. i am purposely waiting to see what 2012 brings.

some things i would like to see...

leather
sunroof
TRD Offroad DC/LB
TRD Offroad with JBL
Old 02-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #18
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mparker View Post

I will be in a position to buy at the end of the year. i am purposely waiting to see what 2012 brings.

leather
sunroof
TRD Offroad DC/LB
TRD Offroad with JBL
DCLB Offroad will never happen
Old 02-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #19
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mparker View Post

leather
sunroof
TRD Offroad DC/LB
TRD Offroad with JBL
You wont see a long bed "Off Road"... Shorter the wheelbase is, better it is off road.. That is why they market the Sport with the long bed.

Also, my Off-Road does have JBL..

I have to agree, Leather and Sunroof would be nice.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #20
Range 44 has a spectacular aura aboutRange 44 has a spectacular aura about

Range 44's Tacoma Gallery
In Dash Nav Please!

Products Discussed in this Thread