Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Blacked out headlights ?

Old 10-26-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
-Doomsday Squad-"game over man"
RaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud of

RaginCajun's Tacoma Gallery
Question Blacked out headlights ?

Sorry if there is a response somewhere else on the site about this.

I wanna blackout my headlights but i dont wanna burn my kitchen down haha... I've read you have to bake them? And i really dont wanna mess anything up. Can i buy them already blacked out and just ready to install? Thx guys, yall rock!

Is this worth it or not? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...mZ140268704699
Old 10-26-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
Rookie Member
BGreene will become famous soon enoughBGreene will become famous soon enough

Name: Brandon
BGreene's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BGreene
Yes. I bought a set of already blacked out ones on ebay from a seller name dt_moto for about $165
Great seller. Just go to ebay.com and search for them.

Here's a pic of the ones I bought:

If you can turn around and sell your stock headlights for $150 your barely paying for new ones
Old 10-26-2008, 06:42 PM   #3
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryce
BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
i baked mine....i was scared i would mess up too but it was a lot easier than i planned.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:48 PM   #5
RaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud of

Thx guys, Those look really good Bgreene!

Yeh, Brunes...I really wanna try it myself! But i guess im just a little scared if i mess them up i wont be able to drive my truck until i order the new ones...i d k....i'll def keep ya'll posted on what i do. I feel like i SHOUlD just do it myself though.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:11 PM   #8

Thx x-runner, I need all the confidence i can get. It's just a matter of actually doing it!! I might try this coming weekend!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:08 AM   #11
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
It's your money versus your time...Is it worth 137 bucks to not even try??

Personally-I am of the mind that since there is an off the shelf component...Try it yourself. Maybe it works out and you only spent 20 bucks in paint. Mess them up...and you can still buy the commerical units.

Good luck!!

hell, I spent $5 on paint! One can of Krylon Fusion, and maybe an hour's worth of work total getting them out, opening them up, painting, back together and back in the truck.

I don't trust eBay lights as too many people have complained about them leaking/fogging, and I never keep track of who sold good ones and who sold bad ones.