Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what to do with $4500

Old 10-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #41
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
scangauge II is a great toy that i oversaw. great idea Tacomaman!
Old 10-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #43
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
scangauge II is a great toy that i oversaw. great idea Tacomaman!
i was thinking about buying one of those awhile back but at the time didn't have the money to spare. that is a huge possibility now
Old 10-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #44
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i have another idea..... make your Prerunner into a 4x4!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:31 PM   #45
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Don't go for the fiberglass unless you long-travel your rig. And if you decide to take that route, you might want to consider All-Pro's new LT front kit. Only extends the lower control arms 2" on each side and allows the stock fenders to remain with 33" tires.

Not a paid endorsement...just a cool solution that was only recently released.
I want to go LT sooo bad. Just would seem kinda pointless in FL

Now I gotta go check out this kit.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:00 PM   #46
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
You could put one of these:
http://moots.com/?#/product/bicycles/mtb/cinco/
in the back.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:02 AM   #47
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
I would say a lift to level out the truck and maybe some new tires and rims... Also i would upgrade your headlights to Xenons much brighter... Check out the link in my sig.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:34 AM   #48
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
Buy stock.
Put most of it in stock as Rob mentioned. Or save it for unexpected expenses. And spend some on inexpensive mods.

Just my opinion (And yes I own these):
AAPL-Apple or RIMM-Blackberry. When the market turns around these stocks will double or triple in value. If I had $4500 I would invest in several stocks now.
Appl news : http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_10782793
Old 10-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #49
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Put most of it in stock as Rob mentioned. Or save it for unexpected expenses. And spend some on inexpensive mods.

Just my opinion (And yes I own these):
AAPL-Apple or RIMM-Blackberry. When the market turns around these stocks will double or triple in value. If I had $4500 I would invest in several stocks now.
Appl news : http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_10782793
With this trustworthy stock market I wouldn't buy stock.. I would open a CD.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:56 AM   #50
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
With this trustworthy stock market I wouldn't buy stock.. I would open a CD.
Oh contrair! (or however it's spelled :P)

Think of the stock market as a long term investment as well. The market ALWAYS goes up in the long term. So, right now, it's like the stock market is going through a 40% sell. Buy now while it's cheap and hang on to it.

That being said, do your research on any company into which you want to invest. Don't just say "ennie mennie miny moe"...
Old 10-28-2008, 11:03 AM   #51
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
enough with all the stock market talk, she wants to hook up her truck!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #52
Runs with Scissors
Radelix has a spectacular aura aboutRadelix has a spectacular aura about

Radelix's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Radelix
Probably been said but supercharger or lift and nice wheels, sliders, bumpers.

and some to invest
Old 10-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #53
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders!!! Protect your truck for posts in the mall parking lot.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #54
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbwoy7s View Post
Exactly!
If she can't afford putting money into the truck,she shouldn't do it.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #55
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
Exactly!
If she can't afford putting money into the truck,she shouldn't do it.
$4500 is more than enough.. besides, shes 17 so its not like she has a mortgage to worry about.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:28 AM   #56
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nothing wrong with offering other options that she may not have thought about.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #57
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$4500 is more than enough.. besides, shes 17 so its not like she has a mortgage to worry about.

Then she should spend the money!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #58
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
All I can say, if I had $4,500 to spend. Long Travel Kit, new wheels/tires, skid plates, slider,bumper. and a ScangaugeII if you don't already own one. I am sure you could get this all for $4,500.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #59
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
Nothing wrong with offering other options that she may not have thought about.
yeah investing is a good idea that i hadn't thought about, buuut i can't stand to have a stock truck anymore! i think i'm gonna go with lift wheels and tires and scangauge II...then put the rest in savings

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Sliders!!! Protect your truck for posts in the mall parking lot.
thank you smart ass
Old 10-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #60
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery

You like it.