Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what to do with $4500

Old 10-26-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
what to do with $4500

I'm getting $4500 in a couple weeks and want to spend some of it on the truck but i don't know what to do. my truck is completely stock other than the black headlights and the intake thats in the mail now. what would you do?
Old 10-26-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
list ur priorities lol then think of ur truck
Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Dependent on whether you want a lift or not will affect my answer.

If you're staying at your stock height, I'd upgrade the tires and add a decent stereo.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
don't encourage her. She said she wanted to spend some of her $4500 on her truck.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
sorry my OP should have been more specific i'm just super tired...some things on my wish list...lift, wheels and tires, fiberglass fenders and bedsides, allpro bumpers, new grill, exhaust..all i can think of now. i'm thinking i don't want to spend all the money at once so what do you guys think my first mod out of those should be?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #10
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
I just installed a lift (coil overs and UCAs), new tires, brush guard and lights. I've also ordered a fiberglass painted tonneau cover and i'm looking into sliders. I'll still be under $4k.
thanks that gives me a good idea on what i can do. what lift did you get?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:17 PM   #11
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
First mod you should do... Lift and tires and/or wheels.
Yeah. Lift + rims + tires. That would seem to benefit you the most.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #12
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTrd View Post
thanks that gives me a good idea on what i can do. what lift did you get?
ToyTec adjustable coilovers on 5100s. I bought the coilovers from ToyTec and the shocks from DownSouth motorsprots. I also bought the machined top plates from ToyTec as well. The thought was that I was going to save $200 buy buying the parts separate. However, I wish I would have just bought the coilovers mounted on the struts already. Just less hassle and it came out to about the same price or maybe a touch more.

I also have the rear TSB springs and I bought a 2" AAL from ToyTec that I haven't installed yet.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #13
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'd save most of it and spread out the mods. Every few months I start to get an itch to mod the truck. I can spread out my truck enjoyment for years by doing it slowly. Next up for my Taco is a sticker and a new grill emblem. This should last me a few more months, but I'm really wanting to get a sub.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:25 PM   #14
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
Yeah. Lift + rims + tires. That would seem to benefit you the most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I'd save most of it and spread out the mods. Every few months I start to get an itch to mod the truck. I can spread out my truck enjoyment for years by doing it slowly. Next up for my Taco is a sticker and a new grill emblem. This should last me a few more months, but I'm really wanting to get a sub.
that's my dilemma, i can't decide if it would be smarter to save the money and do little things or scratch something off my wish list. if i decide to do something big, i'll probably go with the lift wheels and tires. $4500 in a 17 year old hands is a little dangerous decisions, decisions...
Old 10-26-2008, 09:35 PM   #17
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTrd View Post
that's my dilemma, i can't decide if it would be smarter to save the money and do little things or scratch something off my wish list. if i decide to do something big, i'll probably go with the lift wheels and tires. $4500 in a 17 year old hands is a little dangerous decisions, decisions...
yeah, that's a lot of money for a 17 year old. I'd want to spend it too, but I'm trying to be the voice of reason here. Unless you know you'll be rolling in the money in your future, then I'd hold onto most of that money.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:38 PM   #18
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
maybe i'll do something not so expensive and put the rest in a future truck mod fund
Old 10-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #19
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
What I would do:

Spend all of it:
Wheels, Tires, Lift (Icons and Deavers), Armor (BudBuilt skids, Schrokworks bumper, Allpro sliders), toolbox...am I over $4500 yet?

If not,

Wheels, tires, toolbox, maybe stereo.

OR

Buy a dedicated trail rig.