Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Falken Rocky Mountain ats ??

Old 08-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
TACONOLE is on a distinguished road
TACONOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Falken Rocky Mountain ats ??

I'm getting new tires and was looking for some feedback on the Falken Rocky Mountain ats's and trying to figure out the biggest size i can fit under my stock tacoma without rubbing. Is anyone running 265/70/16 on there stock steel wheels ?
Old 08-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
alexretama is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
alexretama's Tacoma Gallery
Im running 265/70/17 general grabber AT2 on my 05 tacomas stock 17" wheel.. i have a 3"lift and i notce the tires rub on the UCAs when theyre not properly inflated.. get them filled with nitrogen and thatll help the pressure fluctuation in hot and cold weather and you should be ok as long as you dont let them run flat
Old 08-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
i was looking at those tires a little while back and everything I read on them was positive. I would buy those tires with confidence. Go with 265/75/16
Old 08-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
265/75-16...

I looked at the Falkens, but their sidewall doesn't have as good a floatation profile (for sand/ desert) I thought... Went with Hankook Dynapro ATm's and after 10,000 miles so far, couldn't be happier.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a set of these tires from Discount Tire for my 06 Xterra. Got a smoking deal on them @ the end of the day from the manager as he was trying to make another sale before they closed the doors. Loved the price and aggressive look.....but the sidewall roll was terrible. I had read about it in some reviews but thought that it was just people with full size or heavy duty trucks. If I made a small steering correction the response just lagged. Felt like I was going into a corner and throwing it into a drift. Took them back the next day and got some BFG's. Seems other people like them though!?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #7
samhain will become famous soon enoughsamhain will become famous soon enough
Name: Brandon
samhain's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Falkens. They are good, but heavy as hell.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I have 245/75/16s that came on the 08 I traded in the 05 on. Will be going to 265/70/16s or possibly 265/75/16s whenever I can wear these out. They has 50k treadwear and look to be fairly new. I don't like how narrow they are but mpg is a plus right now. I will deal with them. They seem to work good. Haven't had much rain to speak of since getting them. They ride OK and are quiet enough.......

Old 08-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #9
TACONOLE is on a distinguished road
TACONOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULLY View Post
I bought a set of these tires from Discount Tire for my 06 Xterra. Got a smoking deal on them @ the end of the day from the manager as he was trying to make another sale before they closed the doors. Loved the price and aggressive look.....but the sidewall roll was terrible. I had read about it in some reviews but thought that it was just people with full size or heavy duty trucks. If I made a small steering correction the response just lagged. Felt like I was going into a corner and throwing it into a drift. Took them back the next day and got some BFG's. Seems other people like them though!?
I read about the sidewall roll too and it really concerned me but i figured it wasn't as bad as people were saying so I'm glad you posted that info. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #10
those who seek fear shall be followed by fear
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Name: Chuck
TacomaMtnMan's Tacoma Gallery
get the Goodyear Duratracs. I have put 15k on mine and I love them! Better than BFG and Pathfinder AT I had prior.

great tire thats lightweight, just check what people say in reviews.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:44 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaMtnMan View Post
get the Goodyear Duratracs. I have put 15k on mine and I love them! Better than BFG and Pathfinder AT I had prior.

great tire thats lightweight, just check what people say in reviews.
Yeah, had NTGs and then Duratracs on the 05. Problem was they were 18" rims that came on the 05 so the Duratracs were all E load in 18" and costed 1200 for a set and weighed 50lbs each. May consider those again whenever these Falkens wear out. Definitely not buying until then. Loved the Duratracs. Staying with 16" oem rims on the 08 so I can get me some C loads that won't be as heavy and cost less too.