Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lets petition Toyota for the dual VVTi in the 2012 Tacoma...

Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Lets petition Toyota for the dual VVTi in the 2012 Tacoma...

I think Toyota needs to hear our voices as consumers right now regarding everyones desire to have the updated Dual VVTi engine in the 2012 Tacoma. Word says that the new engine wont show up for two more years or so. As crazy volatile as gas prices and the economy has been over the past few years we could all use some more money in our pocket after every fill-up.

Here is what I propose. Im sure many of us have a Facebook account. Toyota has a page on facebook. Do a search for Toyota USA and write on the wall. I bet you have to "like" Toyota USA, but that should be a given for all of us. There is power in numbers. If you can spread the word and make comments, we will be doing what we can.

Fuel efficiency and even through in its easier on the environment and we may be able to get some hippies or something involved with the cause.

Bring on the VVTi IN THE 2012 TACOMA!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The engines are probably already made
Old 08-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'm good. It's not like the dual VTT engine is pulling in 30 MPG so what's the big deal?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIRS View Post
Well, it cant hurt. It would only be a minor amount too.
Pretty sure it takes longer than 8 weeks to change a fairly substantial component in a vehicle production , like , I don't know , the engine
Old 08-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Pretty sure it takes longer than 8 weeks to change a fairly substantial component in a vehicle production , like , I don't know , the engine

Im sure your right, but if your not into it, dont worry about it.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im sure your right, but if your not into it, dont worry about it.
Just stating facts , good luck
Old 08-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
cause every little bit helps.
So current owners should sell for the Dual VVT equipped trucks because they will make up their losses from buying pretty much the same truck in 90 years because the new engine gets 1 or 2 MPG better than the old one?
Old 08-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #12
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
So current owners should sell for the Dual VVT equipped trucks because they will make up their losses from buying pretty much the same truck in 90 years because the new engine gets 1 or 2 MPG better than the old one?

I just wanted to give you something else to complain about. You could move on to something else on this site or you could dig in you heals like you do on every 2012 topic that comes up. Nobody's forcing you to do anything whipper.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #13
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
But will it have ATRAC
Old 08-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
I just wanted to give you something else to complain about. You could move on to something else on this site or you could dig in you heals like you do on every 2012 topic that comes up. Nobody's forcing you to do anything whipper.
Where do you see complaining? Im just trying to figure out why the need for this updated engine that isn't anything special. If it got way better MPG and mode 80ish more horses then I would be all for it but it doesn't. Also you have a 2011, are you going to trade in for a 2012?
Old 08-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #16
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where do you see complaining? Im just trying to figure out why the need for this updated engine that isn't anything special. If it got way better MPG and mode 80ish more horses then I would be all for it but it doesn't. Also you have a 2011, are you going to trade in for a 2012?
Actually, I have an Acura. I've been in the market for a Tacoma, but have been holding off to pay off my credit cards and some other things. then things got interesting with the discussions about possible changes with the Taco and I have held off more. I've got some financial goals that will put me in a better position down the road if I hold off. I am thinking I will buy towards the beginning of January or so.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #17
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Whipper, I mentioned complaining because thats how I read things with you. I could be wrong, but you do push back everytime something comes up about changes to the 2012. I could be misinterpreting you, but thats how Im reading you. Its all good though
Old 08-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Actually, I have an Acura. I've been in the market for a Tacoma, but have been holding off to pay off my credit cards and some other things. then things got interesting with the discussions about possible changes with the Taco and I have held off more. I've got some financial goals that will put me in a better position down the road if I hold off. I am thinking I will buy towards the beginning of January or so.
That makes more sense now I thought you wanted to trade in your 2011 because your profile says 2011. Still the new engine is nothing special in my book. Good luck buying.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #19
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That makes more sense now I thought you wanted to trade in your 2011 because your profile says 2011. Still the new engine is nothing special in my book. Good luck buying.
thanks bro!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #20
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Screw Dual VVTi. I want the 3.0L diesel.