Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Push Bar - NOT BULL, NOT LIGHT, PUSH

Old 08-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jay
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Push Bar - NOT BULL, NOT LIGHT, PUSH

Ok there are a ton of threads out there regarding bull bars and light bars but I'm looking for something that's strong enough to be a true PUSH bar. You know what I'm talking about.. something like the ones you see on highway patrol cars and such. So far I've only seen something resembling a true PUSH bar but it didn't state it was strong enough to be used as one and didn't really have instructions online to show how it was mounted.

Anyone know of any and/or have experience with a real push bar? Not wanting brush guards either. IMO brush guards are ugly.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
ARB
Old 08-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
With the ARB you have to replace the entire bumper. They have a nudge bar, but it is not made for the Tacoma. OP are you looking to replace the entire bumper?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
elblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant futureelblako91 has a brilliant future

Name: Blake
elblako91's Tacoma Gallery
Home made? This is what my rig had before i had my prerunner bumper on. It was pretty strong!

I know it's an older pickup but it's just an idea.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #6
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
This was the pushbar i built on my old taco, it was pretty freakin heavy cuz i wanted to make a real pushbar not just a light bar, i box welded the two arms that come up and then welded the pipe across inside of the boxed arms. I mounted them to 1/4" angle with lots of supports that could bolt to the frame bars where your tow hook is now.
Also had support bars going through the lower grill that bolted to heavy duty angle brackets that came up from the frame.. i really wanted to keep it when i sold my truck but i sold it too fast to get the 4x4. plan on making a similiar one soon if i can find time.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
j4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to beholdj4x4ar3 is a splendid one to behold
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlmuncy View Post
With the ARB you have to replace the entire bumper. They have a nudge bar, but it is not made for the Tacoma. OP are you looking to replace the entire bumper?

Nope.. just hoping for something I can bolt on. Don't do enough off-roading to warrent an ARB.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #9
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
You mean a motorist assist bar?
LOL yes a motorist assist bar.. but not quite the same assistance as a highway patrol would give.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #10
j4x4ar3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnborder View Post
This was the pushbar i built on my old taco, it was pretty freakin heavy cuz i wanted to make a real pushbar not just a light bar, i box welded the two arms that come up and then welded the pipe across inside of the boxed arms. I mounted them to 1/4" angle with lots of supports that could bolt to the frame bars where your tow hook is now.
Also had support bars going through the lower grill that bolted to heavy duty angle brackets that came up from the frame.. i really wanted to keep it when i sold my truck but i sold it too fast to get the 4x4. plan on making a similiar one soon if i can find time.

Nice setup. Yes this is what I'm hoping someone out there makes retail. Looks good and has the strength to push and not be just for looks or lights. Unfortunately I don't have the time or skills to fabricate something myself.