Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bed tie down loops?

Old 08-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
Paczowski123 is on a distinguished road
Name: David
Paczowski123's Tacoma Gallery
bed tie down loops?

Are the bed tie down loops near the end of the bed on the bed floor next to the tailgate (not the removable ones on the tracks) on each side supposed to swivel back and forth 180 degrees? Or are they permanently mounted just barely lifted off the bed floor? It seems kinda impractical they are because you can barely get a tie down strap under them?
Old 08-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, what he said....
Old 08-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
scotch is on a distinguished road

scotch's Tacoma Gallery
mine flip up to vertical pretty easy, and they rotate around the bolt also pretty easy
Old 08-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
DW40 occassionally .... swivels and rotates.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
Well damn mine must be seized. They rotate fine just not flip up/down. I soaked em in wd-40 so well see what happens. If nothing off the bed a to a vise for a little gentle persuasion
Old 08-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
They are tight.. Maybe stick back of hammer under it to loosen it
Old 08-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
You polish OP? I'm first generation american and my parents were born in varshava and lodz
Old 08-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #8
Yeah I tried prying but no luck and don't wanna bend em in the bed so a vise would prob be easier

And pretaco..yes I am polish..well part..my dad was full his rent were born in poland..I'm here..so I guess that makes me half..still loves me some keilbasa though
Old 08-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
upthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Josh
upthemaiden's Tacoma Gallery
Mine move around but are a little stiff. Any of you guys ever fit similar tie down loops on the front torx bolts? Can't say I completely trust the plastic guys.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #11
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthemaiden View Post
Mine move around but are a little stiff. Any of you guys ever fit similar tie down loops on the front torx bolts? Can't say I completely trust the plastic guys.
Those bolts are prolly 4inches long, and screw right into the frame. Do a search and you'll see several members (including me) have added four extras.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Those bolts are prolly 4inches long, and screw right into the frame. Do a search and you'll see several members (including me) have added four extras.
Did you just buy new loops from the dealer? I carry a dirtbike frequently and don't trust the rail system as it flexes and bends under tension. If I bought new tie down loops are the bed bolts where you'd attach these new loops threaded or do they have nuts underneath them I assume they do since u said they screw into thje frame?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #13
scotch is on a distinguished road

scotch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paczowski123 View Post
... I carry a dirtbike frequently and don't trust the rail system as it flexes and bends under tension. ...
May want to try these: http://www.jpmetalfab.com/products.html
Old 08-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #14
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paczowski123 View Post
Did you just buy new loops from the dealer? I carry a dirtbike frequently and don't trust the rail system as it flexes and bends under tension. If I bought new tie down loops are the bed bolts where you'd attach these new loops threaded or do they have nuts underneath them I assume they do since u said they screw into thje frame?
No dealer anything. Were from some army surplus thing. I'll see can I find the link.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:14 PM   #15

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-bed-pics.html

Read this thread, pretty sure there's a link to order them from, it's like $12.00 or so for five of them.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #16
White Tacoma 4X4
whitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud ofwhitetacoma1 has much to be proud of

Name: Dan
whitetacoma1's Tacoma Gallery
my tie downs

this is what i did for tie downs
Attached Thumbnails
bed tie down loops?-img_0201.jpg   bed tie down loops?-img_0202.jpg   bed tie down loops?-img_0203.jpg  
Old 09-06-2011, 05:07 AM   #17
upthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shedupthemaiden is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Josh
upthemaiden's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered a bunch of those rings from army surplus. All of the torx bolts in my bed loosened up fine and started to unscrew a few turns but then tightened up again. I assume the threads that stick out below the frame are slightly rusted and I didn't want to force them out. I've made that mistake too many times. I ended up just putting a d-ring under each end of the side rails and just tossing the plastic cleats in the under seat storage with the tire change kit. I think those 4 will be enough to cover most of my needs and if I ever need the cleats they'll be in there.

On the downside, I realized half of the bolts on the tie down rails were a little stiff and some were creaking as I pulled them out, so I was going to pull them all out and put a little anti-seize on them and one of the bolts on the front rail sheared off as soon as I tried to untwist it the slightest bit. Nothing I could've done to save it. Think I'm just gonna replace them all with some stainless steel button cap bolts and hopefully that last bolt isn't too much of a headache to get out.