Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I Thought Toyota's were Dependable?

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
It's My Rap Name. We all Have One.
dziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddziddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired
Name: Tom
dziddy's Tacoma Gallery
I Thought Toyota's were Dependable?

On my way to a coffee shop this evening I figure I'd switch from 2H to 4H at a stop light to exercise 4H for 10 minutes or so. What the heck Irene was in town and you should exercise 4H occasionally right?. I'm in 1st, clutch engaged when I do it at a stop light and I get the normal 5 seconds flashing light on the dash, before the steady light. All's well until I pull into the parking lot and attempt to park in a spot.

It was like someone engaged the break on all 4 wheels. I could barely get her into the spot and definitely smelled something burning in the rear. When I tried to switch back to 2H, all I get is the flashing light on the dash.

Had to walk three miles home in Tropical storm conditions to get the wife's dependable Suzuki.

2011 2.5L 5-Speed regular cab. WTFO? Looks like a Geico paid hook Monday morning when Toyota opens. Sure hope no one jack's with my truck while I'm waiting.

Not loving Toyota right now.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
you should have unlocked 4x4, before making a sharp turn.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dziddy View Post
On my way to a coffee shop this evening I figure I'd switch from 2H to 4H at a stop light to exercise 4H for 10 minutes or so. What the heck Irene was in town and you should exercise 4H occasionally right?. I'm in 1st, clutch engaged when I do it at a stop light and I get the normal 5 seconds flashing light on the dash, before the steady light. All's well until I pull into the parking lot and attempt to park in a spot.

It was like someone engaged the break on all 4 wheels. I could barely get her into the spot and definitely smelled something burning in the rear. When I tried to switch back to 2H, all I get is the flashing light on the dash.

Had to walk three miles home in Tropical storm conditions to get the wife's dependable Suzuki.

2011 2.5L 5-Speed regular cab. WTFO? Looks like a Geico paid hook Monday morning when Toyota opens. Sure hope no one jack's with my truck while I'm waiting.

Im assuming your steered while on 4wd right? that a no-no read your manual

Old 08-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
your an idoit

Old 08-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
This

Old 08-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #6

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
you're an idoit

fixed, harsh though

Old 08-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
no sharp turns unless on soft surfaces, ie sand or snow or gravel

Old 08-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #8
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Definitely x2. When will people ever learn.

No excuses that the pavement was wet either lol.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #9
SB11Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
SB11Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
no sharp turns unless on soft surfaces, ie sand or snow or gravel
Exactly

Old 08-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #10
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
This
This is what it is. Put in neutral, get to a straight line, drive and switch back to 2WD.
Toyota is dependable....the drivers, sometimes, are not.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #11
BAMF
Shiner is on a distinguished road

Marines: NFO
Name: Spencer
Shiner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
your an idoit
^

Old 08-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #12

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Definitely x2. When will people never learn.

No excuses that the pavement was wet either lol.

Fixed

Old 08-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #13
Iakopa84 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
Iakopa84's Tacoma Gallery
I guess Toyota thought its drivers were dependable...

Old 08-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #15
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
User error.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dziddy View Post

you dipshit

Old 08-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #18
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
NEVER use 4wd on pavement unless going in a straight line.

if you didnt know, a straight line looks like this

Not M

Don't blame Toyota for you not reading the manual.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #19
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Wow.. blame the truck for working AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO!!!

4WD is for off highway or slippery surfaces... When you slow down to turn into a parking spot, you must have been on firm dirt or pavement... in either case, 4WD was NOT needed... Turn the dial to H2... IT is shift on the fly... how hard is that???

Old 08-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #20
BAMF
Shiner is on a distinguished road

Marines: NFO
Name: Spencer
Shiner's Tacoma Gallery
How'd you know you were supposed to exercise the 4wd, and didn't know that you're not supposed to make sharp turns on pavement? Seems like that would be much more common knowledge than "exercising" it

Closed Thread