Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Truck bed

Old 08-28-2011, 07:27 AM   #21
Old Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Bradah View Post
Are the 2011 tacomas bed liner sufficient for the life time of the vehicle or do we have to eventually bed line it? sorry im very car illiterate

The bed that comes in the taco is a composite material and there is no metal in the bed, other than the frame below. it reduced about 500 pounds off of the weight of the truck over all and the only issues you will have is it might fade over time from the sun shining on it. I'm not sure if a bed liner coating will even stick to the composite bed of the taco??

It is recommended to get a rubber bed mat as it will keep things from sliding around in the bed of the truck.I bought my bed mat online for $40 shipped, at summit racing dot com. Amazon sometimes has the bed mats as well.
Good luck
Old 08-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #22
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soul View Post
The bed that comes in the taco is a composite material and there is no metal in the bed, other than the frame below. it reduced about 500 pounds off of the weight of the truck over all and the only issues you will have is it might fade over time from the sun shining on it. I'm not sure if a bed liner coating will even stick to the composite bed of the taco??

It is recommended to get a rubber bed mat as it will keep things from sliding around in the bed of the truck.I bought my bed mat online for $40 shipped, at summit racing dot com. Amazon sometimes has the bed mats as well.
Good luck
The composite bed did not reduce the weight by 500 lbs. MAYBE 100 lbs...the composite itself is lighter than steel, but you have to use a lot more composite material to reinforce it. Weight difference is negligible. Rust is the biggest reason why the composite is awesome.

And yes, a bed liner coating will stick to the bed.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #23
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsport253 View Post
On the other hand when going to automatic car washes be careful going out when the dryer goes on. It can blow your mat away.
Holy F'in dryer, Batman!! Where the hell do you go? A dryer powerful to blow the Toyota mat out should easily dent your sheet metal, especially the flimsy-ass hood!!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #25
colder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant future
colder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
I like the idea of the divider, but it takes a lot of effort for things to move around once placed on the mat. Without the mat, things were all over the place.
I like the idea of the divider, but the cost is pretty darn steep. For that price I'm a lot more likely to let things slide around a bit or come up with my own solution

One idea I had was, it would be nice if there were something similar, but more of a locking cage you could buy to put at the front of the bed - keep items from sliding around, keep them under lock and key, but without the hassle and cost of a proper truck box.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #26
button is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shedbutton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: amphib assault
Name: chris
button's Tacoma Gallery
Like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by colder View Post
I like the idea of the divider, but the cost is pretty darn steep. For that price I'm a lot more likely to let things slide around a bit or come up with my own solution

One idea I had was, it would be nice if there were something similar, but more of a locking cage you could buy to put at the front of the bed - keep items from sliding around, keep them under lock and key, but without the hassle and cost of a proper truck box.

http://www.pickuptrucktoolboxes.com/...k_Toolbox.html
Old 08-31-2011, 01:58 PM   #28
colder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant future
colder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by button View Post
Not really - I mean, something movable, configurable, dynamic in size, and that's quick and easy for one person to install/remove
Old 09-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #29
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsport253 View Post
Yep that was it a salesman said that saw it on youtube. Anyhow I think they will last a long time if you don't go to crazy with it.
Agreed, I'm not worried about issues from the composite bed, or I probably wouldn't have bought the truck. I tend to think the bed will outlast most if not all of the rest of these trucks. But 500 years? No composite material has ever existed for that long. That's too funny.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #30
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Cheap Bed divider less than $25

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...d-divider.html

Nothing slides around in my bed with the Dee Zee bed mat. I've had these in my trucks for the last 18 years. Never lost one. I did hear of someone getting one stolen.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DZZ-86964/