Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My beach adventure

Old 08-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
saltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
saltwater taco's Tacoma Gallery
My beach adventure

My beach adventure started when I was looking for a place to launch my boat. I came across this place and fell in love with it My adventure wasn't too eventful really, just some awesome sailing and awesome beach cruising. For the most part my 2wd did good. The beach is mostly hard-packed stuff besides a few sugary sand parts and some mud holes. I only got stuck once, and it was in the sugary stuff. As soon as I felt the rear end sink I stopped, got out, dug out in front of all 4 tires with a flip flop, and in 2 minutes I was out and on my way. I also passed up some full size 4x4s that were stuck in mud. And best of all, a Raptor that was out there was broken down on the side of the road on the way home! (broken tie-rod I think)

Old 08-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
Where is that "beach"?
Old 08-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
saltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sardis Lake near Oxford, MS
Old 08-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
joebob1319 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
joebob1319's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like they already started draining the lake...I usually go there in the winter and ride fourwheelers and I kayak and fish in the spring and fall. Water can get a little rough though in a kayak. I found an old picture of me after I wrecked there at Sardis Lake.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #5

Ouch! I just moved here 2 weeks ago so I don't know what the water level is usually like. There was plenty to sail in though. How much further will the water go down?
Old 08-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
coop1212 is on a distinguished road

coop1212's Tacoma Gallery
You along way from home. I'm right up road in oxford. A lot of college kids take their $40,000 rides that dad bought them out there and sink them..
Old 08-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #7

It's only about 6 hours. Yea I heard about a guy in an f350 that sank it to the hood last weekend! Not sure if he was in college or not ...I stay out of the mud.
Btw Are there ever any meets up here? That'd be a good place to have one.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
coop1212 is on a distinguished road

coop1212's Tacoma Gallery
Only seen about 2 guys from ms on here. I don't mud ride either. I will take a 4 wheeler out there every once in a while and ride .
Old 09-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #9
budd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbudd4766 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 51T - 412th EnCom
budd4766's Tacoma Gallery
Hey! I'm from MS...born 'n raised near Durant, but live in Memphis now. How's the bass fishing on Sardis?