1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

An exciting night, including a minor crash.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by horwitzs, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Aug 29, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    Last night a huge lightning storm came through the area where I am working (windfarm construction), starting lots of grass fires. Our construction site is ~22,000 acres, so there is a lot of area to protect. I got out here around 9pm, running around to make sure we weren't burning up... luckily it seemed to all be in surrounding areas; by this morning about 5,000 acres burned.
    In the chaos of all the fire and farm trucks running around in the dark to fight the fires, somebody thought it would be a good time to vandalize our site. One of the guards interrupted their work and chased them off, but they got into one of the diesel tanks and also into some vehicles looking for tools.
    Then, while I was a few miles up the road checking on a remote building that is part of our project, a local volunteer comes flying up the road behind me, heading to one of the fires, and decides to pass just as I am starting to turn left, and hits me :mad:
    Luckily the damage is pretty minor. I need both fender flare pieces on the front left corner, and the headlight is scraped also, but I think I can live with that.
    The corner of my truck dragged all the way down his right side.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is where the accident occurred. I was turning left at the mailbox. Granted it was midnight, raining, and we were in the middle of some incredible lightning, but the double yellow line was still pretty obvious to me!! Ended the night heading home at about 1am, for a few hours sleep before coming back early this morning.

[​IMG]

2. Aug 29, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    Glad you are ok and the damage is minimal. :)

3. Aug 29, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I know all of it will not wipe off but try some wd-40 on a rag. All that black should come off of your rim and at least half or 2/3 should come off your truck, except the places all the way thru to black plastic. Give it a shot. Might just get by having the lower flare sprayed depending on how much comes off...and maybe touching up the side of the bumper a bit. My car cleaned up real nice after a similar incident where a dumbshit didn't maintain their lane on the frwy.

4. Aug 29, 2011 at 12:56 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    The scratches on the metal part of the fender will rub out, and the wheel is just scuffed with rubber from his tire, so that will come off easily also.
    The 2 plastic pieces that make up the fender flare are ground pretty deep into the plastic.
    I'm only going to ask him to buy those 2 parts, and no labor since I can do it myself, so I think he'll be happy with that.
    I still have to meet up with him to discuss it. Because of the emergency with the fires, we just jumped out, made sure everyone was OK and traded names, and I sent him on his way.

Products Discussed in

To Top