Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

lifting my truck

Old 08-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
Vang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to behold
Name: Vang
Vang Toua Moua's Tacoma Gallery
lifting my truck

well i have a crazy idea. wat i wanted to do is to relocate my rear shocks as in welding them on the axle, i want to know how much lift that will give me? then throw some add-a-leafs on that. then for the front i want to put on bilstein 5100 adjustables and add strut spacers with that. has anyone ever done this? i want to know if there would be a down side to this and wat else would i have to do besides these parts. i want to know before i start buying the parts. thank you.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
GuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really nice
GuapOh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vang Toua Moua View Post
well i have a crazy idea. wat i wanted to do is to relocate my rear shocks as in welding them on the axle, i want to know how much lift that will give me? then throw some add-a-leafs on that. then for the front i want to put on bilstein 5100 adjustables and add strut spacers with that. has anyone ever done this? i want to know if there would be a down side to this and wat else would i have to do besides these parts. i want to know before i start buying the parts. thank you.

Downside is that you will likely screw up the geometry of the truck in ways that are hard to explain likely resulting in some type of catastrophic failure by doing something such as re-welding the attachment point of the rear shock onto the top of the axle.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure your not supposed to use 5100's in conjunction with spacers
Old 08-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP , why would you want to weld your rear shocks to the axle ?
Old 08-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
Vang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to behold
yeah i read on many other site that it gives problems so i wanted to know more if it would be possible. i havent bought nothing yet so all the help is appreciated.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OP , why would you want to weld your rear shocks to the axle ?
so i would be able to flip my u bolts around and have them not under the axle.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so i would be able to flip my u bolts around and have them not under the axle.
Why not just do a U bolt flip and get AAL's and extended shocks ?
Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #8
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this is just crazy talk.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #9
Quote:
well i have the 5 lug and it does not look like if i were to flip the u bolt that i would be able to mount the shock back on.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well i have the 5 lug and it does not look like if i were to flip the u bolt that i would be able to mount the shock back on.
My bad , I didn't see you had a 5 lugger
Old 08-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #11
yep thats my biggest problem here. so i want some major help if i could lift it more than 3 inch and not put stress on the rest of the stock parts.