Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

possible prerunner to 4x4 conversion

Old 09-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
possible prerunner to 4x4 conversion

Found a guy whose got a T case, front diff, cv axles etc, basically the whole front axle, and the computer board all off of a wrecked 07, goin to check the parts out soon and might be getting them for dirt cheap, like 500 for all of it, and then i'll collect the other small parts i'll need and might be converting to 4x4 the non SAS way, opinions or advice on this idea?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #3
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

my friends dad and I are gonna do it if it happens, he's been building cars for years and was really excited to do it when i told him about it...he said "its just bolt on parts buddy, its fun and easy"...i was like whatever you say man hahaha
Old 09-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #4
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
my friends dad and I are gonna do it if it happens, he's been building cars for years and was really excited to do it when i told him about it...he said "its just bolt on parts buddy, its fun and easy"...i was like whatever you say man hahaha

Nice, hope it works out for you, take a ton of pics.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
GTACO
GTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabriel
GTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #6
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Nice, hope it works out for you, take a ton of pics.
dont worry there will be plenty of pics if it works out!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Best of luck! Subbed
Old 09-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #8
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by god View Post
Is the frame the same? I.e., there somewhere to bolt it all onto?
yeah theres no difference in the frame or parts between the 06 and 07, all the parts just have to be installed
Old 09-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #9
Go Pro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
Best of luck! Subbed
Thanks!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I think you will also need A 4x4 Transmission.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #11
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
I think you will also need A 4x4 Transmission.
Think I have read this also. Or you will have to tear down the trans and swap out the tail shaft
Old 09-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #12
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
Think I have read this also. Or you will have to tear down the trans and swap out the tail shaft
Yup, from what I can remember it's possible to use the PreRunner tranny, but to do it the out put shafts of the PreRunner tranny will need to be replaced causing a whole disassembly of the tranny . More work than it's worth, just better off getting a 4x4 tranny.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #14
Go Pro Junkie

Well I had the chance to get the transfer case, front diff and Cv axles off a wrecked 08 for like 700 but I couldnt spare the money, as I'm in college, after college I will most likely convert to 4x4 using Toyota IFS parts, and get another small car as my DD
Old 05-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
Blueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/ EMT
Name: Matt
Blueanimal's Tacoma Gallery
If you find another front axle setup let me no. I'm gonna look into swapping the output shaft and run a fj transfercase