Notices

Lots of Squeaking in my front end

Old 09-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
Eyesofdeath13F is on a distinguished road
Army: 3/38 CAV FIST
Name: Jeremy
Eyesofdeath13F's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of Squeaking in my front end

Looking for advice on what could be causing all the squeaking in my front suspension. I have a 06 Tacoma double-cab with a 6 inch fabtec lift. It sounds as if the bushing need to be replaced as well as the haft shafts and shocks. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement bushing kit? Do I need one from Fab-tec or will something else work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
are you using stock or aftermarket UCAs?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 09-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
Eyesofdeath13F is on a distinguished road
Army: 3/38 CAV FIST
Name: Jeremy
Eyesofdeath13F's Tacoma Gallery
UCA's?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyesofdeath13F View Post
UCA's?
upper control arms
Old 09-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyesofdeath13F View Post
UCA's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandigirolamo View Post
upper control arms

^^this. if you dont know if they're stock or not, pics would help.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #7
BrandonDean is on a distinguished road
BrandonDean's Tacoma Gallery
I may have found the issue to the front end squeaking. (time will tell) When the hood is open and you bounce the truck you cant hear a thing the second i closed the hood the noise came right back. Couldn't find where anything was scratching until we looked at the hood latch. Paint was being scrapped off the bottom of the hook so my guess is that is was metal to metal noise from the front. After adding some lube i have not heard it in now 24hrs. Im sure when it dries again it will come right back so ill need to figure out a way to adjust it or see if toyota knows how to adjust the latch. Ill be back if it ends up not being the solution.