Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Entune...would you buy it if you were buying a 2012?

View Poll Results: Would you get Entune if you were buying a 2012 Tacoma?
Absolutely! 209 30.96%
Maybe 116 17.19%
Meh...not likely 231 34.22%
Why? 119 17.63%
Voters: 675. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #181
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I have zero need for navigation in my truck.

I don't travel and I live on a peninsula with one major road...damn near impossible to get lost here, especially after being here almost 25 years.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #182
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
^ screw the nav.... its worth it for the sound!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #183
Tripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tripps2012's Tacoma Gallery
No Entune for me either the standard radio with bluetooth sounds good and works well with my phone. As for nav I bought a $120 Garmin online with free lifetime updates. Not sure about Toyota updates for nav but my wife's 08' Odysee update CD from Honda is about $200 bucks.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #184
zwag21 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Ground Rat
Name: Zack
zwag21's Tacoma Gallery
YES!!! I bought my Taco about 4 months ago now and love the Entune! I travel alot (already put 10K miles on the truck) and its awesome to have.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #185
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
No Entune for me, hate the way the nav operates and I have no need to Bing something or buy movie tickets while driving. With that said I will say I wish they would have made the JBL option without nav/Entune. I work at a dealership and have started to see a bit more Entune head unit problems than I care to see so I'm glad I didn't get it. Besides for $2k I can buy the latest Eclipse double din nav and still have money left over for speakers and amps
Old 08-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #186
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
I wasn't gonna get Entune, but glad I did. The interface is good, I always have my iPhone, saves bluetooth tickets, and since it had jbl stuff and sub I won't go overboard with beats like every car and truck i own
Old 09-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #188
Code20photog is on a distinguished road
Code20photog's Tacoma Gallery
I test drove a '13 Limited with Entune, and the back-up camera *did not* come through the screen, it was up on the mirror like all the others.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #189
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine in may....haven't used entune apps once.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #190
ElNacho will become famous soon enoughElNacho will become famous soon enough

Army: 716th MP BN
Name: David
ElNacho's Tacoma Gallery
I'm way late on this topic, but I had a Ford Raptor before (long story), and I used the SYNC system. I loved it. Had a 250 GB harddrive hooked up to it. I can search for music by voice command and make phone calls by voice as well. With the Voice system on my tacoma (w/o the nav screen), i am unable to download my phonebook to utilize voice controls, nor can I use voice to play music. (if there is a way to do this, let me know). I like the system, but sync has been doing a great job on their end with their product.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #191
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
Just hit the speech button for voice command and say play then artist then album or song title... works great unless freeway speed with exhaust and windows open.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #192
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my 12 Trd sport with jbl and entune and while I absolutely despise the POI search and voice recognition portion as well as the lack of a dedicated map button i think its a nice looking UI and is pretty good overall. The backup cam is integrated into the headunit in mine.

For tose windering the nav portion does not utilize your droid or iphones data connection unless you are searching for places via Bing, which sucks too. Bing is trash.

I paid 1,000 extra for the headunit. Sound system is killer.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #193
ssmith29440 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
ssmith29440's Tacoma Gallery
I like the entune system and the jbl rocks. The only thing is having to use your cell phone to operate the system. Kind of get the feeling toyota is cheating me out of money. Then after three years they want to charge you for the service. We shall see.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #194
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith29440 View Post
I like the entune system and the jbl rocks. The only thing is having to use your cell phone to operate the system. Kind of get the feeling toyota is cheating me out of money. Then after three years they want to charge you for the service. We shall see.
Yeah that whole 3 years thing is bullshit.. unless we were to get the HDD which uses sirius satellite data for internet, that's the only time it doesn't use your cell phone data. The only charge will be to use the apps, not navigation (excluding bing nav) or the audio portion.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #195
Inkjet Fred is on a distinguished road

Army: To long ago to remember
Name: Jim
Inkjet Fred's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 View Post
The cost??... well... uh... yea.. about that.... just short of $2k.. but you wait! its gonna be awesome!! I don't care what you all say!! you just watch!!!
I say it.s your money,spend it on what you want !
Old 10-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #196

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
The traffic app actually works VERY well. It has saved more than a few hours for me, as cutoffs for alternate routes are critical. I commute an hour and a half minimum each way each day. and the sad thing is its only 42 miles. I have had it take me 5hrs to get home before - no joke
Old 04-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #197
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
My take: the actual entune apps blow. E for effort, but they suck and I have no use for them. If you want navigation, google maps on your phone and plug that into your system for turn by turn. The only thing decent about the Entune system is the upgraded sound system (but like others state, you can build your own better).

However, I opted in for the Entune system. If I ever upgrade or trade in it's just one extra option box checked in my favor as I see it. I do use the navigation feature on road trips and the traffic option does work. But I know which way I am headed anyway on trips...odd or even interstates numbers and the position of the sun in the sky....headed south..

In short, even though I don't use the "entune" apps for anything, mainly because you can't use the crap when you are driving, even a passenger, I am happy that I have the upgrade.

Note: I have iPhone and had to setup my plan for tethering and use the wireless hot spot for my Entune to connect to my phone. Not intuitive to setup but there is a thread somewhere that walks you through the process on here.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #198
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoda View Post
My take: the actual entune apps blow. E for effort, but they suck and I have no use for them. If you want navigation, google maps on your phone and plug that into your system for turn by turn. The only thing decent about the Entune system is the upgraded sound system (but like others state, you can build your own better).

However, I opted in for the Entune system. If I ever upgrade or trade in it's just one extra option box checked in my favor as I see it. I do use the navigation feature on road trips and the traffic option does work. But I know which way I am headed anyway on trips...odd or even interstates numbers and the position of the sun in the sky....headed south..

In short, even though I don't use the "entune" apps for anything, mainly because you can't use the crap when you are driving, even a passenger, I am happy that I have the upgrade.

Note: I have iPhone and had to setup my plan for tethering and use the wireless hot spot for my Entune to connect to my phone. Not intuitive to setup but there is a thread somewhere that walks you through the process on here.

yup.. good summary.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #199
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is funny. First page is epic.. "Zombies won't maintain your dagnabbit newfangled navigation system.."

Seriously wtf does satnav with jbl audio and phone bluetooth integration/apps have to do with zombie apocalypse. lol

I love the entune. It took a few days to get used to the slight delay when using the steering wheel controls while playing music over bluetooth, but I like it a lot. The nav is decent but linking it to my iphone 5 makes the traffic updates and gas prices stuff work great.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #200
O-------l
Del Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shedDel Scorcho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Del Scorcho's Tacoma Gallery
Bing and POI is worthless.... I use Pandora, the Gas $$ doo dad, traffic works pretty good, Nav works better than most factory systems I've used. It's kinda cool that all the Forest Service & BLM trails & roads in my area show up on the map.

It wasn't a deciding factor when I was buying my truck... When I was looking, 4x4s in SoCal were getting scarce. 4x4 TRD DCLB MGM was even harder to find. I found the truck I wanted, and it happened to have Entune, so I got it...