Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Entune...would you buy it if you were buying a 2012?

View Poll Results: Would you get Entune if you were buying a 2012 Tacoma?
Absolutely! 209 30.96%
Maybe 116 17.19%
Meh...not likely 231 34.22%
Why? 119 17.63%
Voters: 675. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #21
Noob-ish
LT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
It seems everyone here is against it so far... I've already ordered my 2012 with the Entune. I'll be honest with you, it is steep. But I do like not having to do any extra work with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna eventually mod the hell out of this thing, but I've tried doing some stereo stuff before and it didn't work out well for me. I'd rather have it done from the factory.

The other thing is, yea, my phone can do all of that stuff, and yes the Entune is simply an extension of my phone. I don't doubt the ability of my phone, but my nav went out on my highlander a couple months ago so I had to use my phone to navigate and IT SUCKED! I just wanted to throw it out the window. I think it's one of those things that if you have it, it is awesome, but if you don't you won't notice the difference.. like automatic windows. When I had roll up windows, I would not have paid extra for automatic windows. Then I got a vehicle with auto windows and I will never go back!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #22
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 View Post
It seems everyone here is against it so far... I've already ordered my 2012 with the Entune. I'll be honest with you, it is steep. But I do like not having to do any extra work with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna eventually mod the hell out of this thing, but I've tried doing some stereo stuff before and it didn't work out well for me. I'd rather have it done from the factory.

The other thing is, yea, my phone can do all of that stuff, and yes the Entune is simply an extension of my phone. I don't doubt the ability of my phone, but my nav went out on my highlander a couple months ago so I had to use my phone to navigate and IT SUCKED! I just wanted to throw it out the window. I think it's one of those things that if you have it, it is awesome, but if you don't you won't notice the difference.. like automatic
windows. When I had roll up windows, I would not have paid extra for automatic windows. Then I got a vehicle with auto windows and I will never go back!
Can we ask how much extra it cost?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #23
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Why does this have to be about Americans. Its pretty easy to dog Canada but there is no need to.
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, just being funny... but with all the American Zombie treads...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I used Thomas Guides for years. They're simple and they work. But when I can push a button on my phone and say "navigate to _______" and within 20 seconds I have turn by turn directions .... why not.

But I guess if I lived in Nova Scotia with a staggering population of just under 1 million a map from 1978 stuffed in the glove compartments would be the way to go. But I don't. I live in the Seattle area with 4-5 times the density and places... always changing.
I'm pretty sure a map from '78 would get you nowhere now. I pick one up about every other year as our streets are changing too (oh my God we're getting bigger too! Take that Seattle).

Frank
Old 09-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #24
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why does this have to be about Americans. Its pretty easy to dog Canada but there is no need to.
Woof woof
Old 09-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #25
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, just being funny... but with all the American Zombie treads...

I'm pretty sure a map from '78 would get you nowhere now. I pick one up about every other year as our streets are changing too (oh my God we're getting bigger too! Take that Seattle).

Frank
It was sarcasm. I should have <sarcasm> and </sarcasm> for ya.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #27
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
It was sarcasm. I should have <sarcasm> and </sarcasm> for ya.
I figured it was... so was mine.

Frank
Old 09-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #28
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
For free? SURE !
For a fee? naahhhh
Old 09-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #29
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
My hangups are the fact I have a smart phone and don't see it as being necessary. I like having navigation, but my acura has a dvd driven navigation system from the factory. It's a 2003 and the software for the navigation needs to be updated but its $$$. It seems like everything with entune is driven by my smart phones internet capability. If I'm out of range, I'm obviously screwed. I wonder how the navigation will be set up.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #30
Noob-ish
LT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can we ask how much extra it cost?
The cost??... well... uh... yea.. about that.... just short of $2k.. but you wait! its gonna be awesome!! I don't care what you all say!! you just watch!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #31
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The cost??... well... uh... yea.. about that.... just short of $2k.. but you wait! its gonna be awesome!! I don't care what you all say!! you just watch!!!
That's a waste of money
Old 09-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #32
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maps are even cheaper, and the ability to read one proves you learned something from life. And for the American's it's low-tech enough to keep working after you have your Zombie Apocalypse.

Frank
You do realize that it would eventually become your Zombie Apocalypse as well. The common theory is that Canada will be the last zombie free holdout (apparently you guys don't taste good or something) so all of us refugees will move north and become your illegal immigrant neighbors, stealing jobs, overcrowding schools, and being a drain on your social programs.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #33

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
all of us refugees will move north and become your illegal immigrant neighbors, stealing jobs, overcrowding schools, and being a drain on your social programs.
That's already happening , Damn Yankees , clean your own house
Old 09-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #35
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Frank
ok it's too early for me to pick up on sarcasm.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #36
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Woof woof
BAHAHAHAHAHA
Quote:
I hope it is cool as hell. I should just hold out on buying a used taco and pick up a new one
Old 09-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #37
UBIQUE

Quote:
You do realize that it would eventually become your Zombie Apocalypse as well. The common theory is that Canada will be the last zombie free holdout (apparently you guys don't taste good or something) so all of us refugees will move north and become your illegal immigrant neighbors, stealing jobs, overcrowding schools, and being a drain on your social programs.
Well read up on the NAFTA Treaty articles. Not only do we have to provide you with a regular agreed upon amount of water and gas flowing south, even to our own detriment, you have to provide unlimited military support in the case of Zombies, including to the detriment of your own country.

Frank
Old 09-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #38
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
My Samsung Galaxy SGS II is good enough and works well with the Parrot BT in the Kenwood. Pluse I also have a Garmin, and scan guage. I am sure TOMOCO will charge a lot for the system. Far more than I paid for all of my stuff and my Phone was $600 by itself.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #39
SuperWhiteTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
SuperWhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Didn't you know that zombies don't like maple syrup??
Old 09-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #40
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWhiteTaco View Post
Didn't you know that zombies don't like maple syrup??
Then this is how I will prepare for the apocalypse:

Sorry, OP, for derailing your thread. It's just so fun to talk about zombies and Canadians!