Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Entune...would you buy it if you were buying a 2012?

View Poll Results: Would you get Entune if you were buying a 2012 Tacoma?
Absolutely! 209 30.96%
Maybe 116 17.19%
Meh...not likely 231 34.22%
Why? 119 17.63%
Voters: 675. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #161
stowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
stowayman's Tacoma Gallery
I get all the latest electronics offered when I buy new vehicles... Toyota should have done this back in 08!
Old 06-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #162
So Low Roller is on a distinguished road
Name: ///Scotty
So Low Roller's Tacoma Gallery
I passed on entune. Don't like it
Old 06-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #163
andrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2 Battalion 4th Marines
Name: ANDREW
andrew8404's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
Bottom line is if you pay an extra $2000 for Entune, it will help resale value later on. Also, when I look at used truck and see an aftermarket stereo installed, a red flag goes up. Who installed it, a professional or some zit covered 18 year old. What's going on behind the dash where someone cut wires and installed an aftermarket unit... I'd pass on any truck/car I see with an aftermarket unit.

Also...so many mentioned it's just another item to break. We're talking Toyota here, not chevy...
Really? I mean its just a freaking stereo!
Old 06-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #164
ctimrun is on a distinguished road
ctimrun's Tacoma Gallery
The wife got her Prius with Entune and she loves it. When I told her I was going to go get a Tacoma she agreed as long as it also had Entune, so I had no choice.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #165
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
It came on the 2012 I wanted so why not? Now I can't imagine not having it.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #166
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Space Command
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
IMO I didn't get Entune because it was something else that could break. I've had in-car nav in other vehicles and don't see the point unless you live in a major city like San Fran, Boston, etc., but even then you'd get used to where things were and I doubt the map updates would keep up.

12Tac
Old 06-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #167
PaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaintDrinkingPete is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PaintDrinkingPete's Tacoma Gallery
My 2012 is pretty much load except for Entune. I don't mind, my number 1 thing is XM radio compatibility, which I have...If I want Pandora/Slacker/Google Music/Etc...I can still get that via BT with my phone.

I was glad my new Taco didn't have it.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #168
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
I voted maybe... even though I bought a 2012 with entune... ha. I like the navigation, its pretty sweet. The HD radio is tits! You get extra digital channels without paying extra and the sound quality in combination with the jbl speakers is probably the best factory system I've ever heard. That being said, this is why I say maybe. Apps are cool right? Apps for you radio? Yes they are, but why the hell is there no iheart radio? Why doesn't the weather app have a map in motion, not one that you keep having to refresh if you want it to change (I sound like a spoiled brat). Here is the other problem. After I connect everything I make calls, stream music, use Bing etc... turn the truck off and go to work and come back, the only thing still connected is the phone call connection, not music or entune apps. So then I have to unpair the phone and repair, which usually takes a few tries to get it connected again. Pretty annoying. And I have tried other phones. They all do the same thing. But, like alot do, they just use the USB and connect that way. I just keep feeling like paying extra for the system, it should work. Maybe I should see what happens if I post this review on Toyota's Facebook page... the truck is in for its first service and I gave a typed list of little problems to the service Guy, entune being one. He looked like something bit him when I handed it to him...anyway, off track. One other thing about entune. Why do you need the entune app on your phone? Well,ill tell you. So you can use Pandora with the head unit. Period. That's the only reason. My phone connects without the app even being installed on my phone. It tethers to my phone no problem and it all works other than Pandora. And if I use my Pandora app on my phone, it streams from my phone thru the Bluetooth... when it stays connected of course. Ok, sorry for the long post. I feel much better now. Ha
Old 06-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #169
elytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedelytravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: I do what Goose did but not with Maverick...now I'm learning Mavericks skills too!!
Name: Travis
elytravis's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I poseted my question in the wrong thread but since I'm here. entune does bug me at times, but the stereo is awesome and I like the big back up cam screen

***Update***
With the new update that hit last week, the system is greatly upgraded adding more apps to entune and the ability to use voice commands for the essentials like bing. The system is a lot smoother than it has been and I am a lot happier with my decision to get it.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #170
mdne04 is on a distinguished road

Name: Eduardo
mdne04's Tacoma Gallery
My '12 came with it already. I asked if it could be removed to save some cash, they said no. I don't think I would mind not having it though. I have to agree with the fact that it does look nice on the dash.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #171
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting more and more tempted to sell the entune and go aftermarket
Old 07-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #172
WARR4NT is on a distinguished road
WARR4NT's Tacoma Gallery
I have entune, updated it the day I drove it off the lot, really haven't had any problems with it. Glad I got it. Stock JBL system sounds great.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #173
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt get it.. Navigation on my Android and my apps is better IMO.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #174
drsus is on a distinguished road

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
its nice to set the destination on the navi and freeing up the phone for other duties..

and the JBL sound that comes with ot is just amazing, worth it just for that alone
Old 08-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #175
thehawk24 will become famous soon enough
Name: Daniel
thehawk24's Tacoma Gallery
So i purchased 2012 tacoma with the entune and jbl sound system and i really like it, Always comes in handy.. Def a buy..
Old 08-21-2012, 06:26 AM   #176
FJ 432 is on a distinguished road
FJ 432's Tacoma Gallery
The system sounds awesome. I came from a FJ Cruiser with their upgraded system. Absolutely no comparison. A must buy in my book.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:48 AM   #177
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't even know what Entune was when I bought my 2012 Sport...until I read about it here.

My truck doesn't have it.

My only disapointment is the single CD stereo. My 2010 held 6 discs.
But, the sound is pretty good.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #178
MagTac is on a distinguished road
MagTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARR4NT View Post
I have entune, updated it the day I drove it off the lot, really haven't had any problems with it. Glad I got it. Stock JBL system sounds great.
^^^ This. Voice activated commands works cool, plus hands free in NYC is a must. Touch screen makes music selection from my flash drive seamless.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #179
Zfinger will become famous soon enoughZfinger will become famous soon enough
Name: Zack
Zfinger's Tacoma Gallery
Put an IPad on the dash. All the cool kids are doing it.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #180
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: US Army Corps of Engineers - NADENMG
Name: Ron
PhantomVirus's Tacoma Gallery
I went through a similar cost/benefit and to be honest the Bluetooth that is integrated into the radio works fine with my wife's iPHONE and my Windows phone.

I bought a nice GARMIN GPS Nav unit for $150 and other than seeing the backup camera in the dash - not much else that would warrant a near $2000 MSRP.

BTW - the Invoice on that is :$1720 and MSRP is $1930

Just don't see the need.