Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Entune...would you buy it if you were buying a 2012?

View Poll Results: Would you get Entune if you were buying a 2012 Tacoma?
Absolutely! 210 31.07%
Maybe 116 17.16%
Meh...not likely 231 34.17%
Why? 119 17.60%
Voters: 676. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Entune...would you buy it if you were buying a 2012?

I am going to get a poll up in a moment. I am debating whether Entune is a worthwhile purchase when I go to buy my 2012 Tacoma. To me, this is nothing more than an extention of my Droid phone. Im not sure on the exact price, but i seem to have $2000 in my mind. I cant wrap my head around that personally if thats the price.

I know there is more to come as far as apps go, but would you get Entune if you were in the market?

http://www.toyota.com/entune/
Old 09-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Why spend $$$ on a factory system when you can buy a great quality aftermarket Pioneer/JVC/Kenwood/Eclipse unit for much cheaper? That way...you get to choose the features you want instead of what Toyota gives you.

Edit: And what's with the sudden surge of interest in Entune?
Old 09-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
mwtaco has a spectacular aura aboutmwtaco has a spectacular aura about
mwtaco's Tacoma Gallery
i think the factory integrated always looks best. at the cost of either more $$$$ or in the case of 2nd gen radio worse sound quality.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
Hurray for Zoidberg!
tacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud oftacoman_KC has much to be proud of

Name: John Zoidberg
tacoman_KC's Tacoma Gallery
I personally wouldn't.....But I don't like complex navigation systems and fancy electronic gadgets in my truck, I like simplicity and having less stuff that can break. Simple usually equals better IMO.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
Adjunct Anarchist
Papa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Radio Operator
Name: Papa Tac
Papa Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Hell NO!
Are they actually going to charge for this?
More crap to break - Zombies won't maintain ur Entune
Meh, whatever, diff'rent strokes...
Old 09-04-2011, 12:41 AM   #7
SuperWhiteTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
SuperWhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
smartphone can do the same for a lot cheaper
Old 09-04-2011, 01:26 AM   #8
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWhiteTaco View Post
my thoughts exactly.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:53 AM   #9
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticuno View Post
Why spend $$$ on a factory system when you can buy a great quality aftermarket Pioneer/JVC/Kenwood/Eclipse unit for much cheaper? That way...you get to choose the features you want instead of what Toyota gives you.
I agree. That Entune stuff is a waste of money in my opinion.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:55 AM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
So could you run any app thru radio? Maybe some angry birds??? Basically its your phone in your dash??Maybe stream movies from my Netflix app??? If so I'd do it. If it's limited to certain things than I say no way.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #11
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwtaco View Post
i think the factory integrated always looks best. at the cost of either more $$$$ or in the case of 2nd gen radio worse sound quality.

If I were going to get a whole navigation/android interface/etc package. this would be the one, I agree factory looks better. However, I don't feel the need for those now, so I don't know that I would justify spending the extra money on it.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #12
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalboy View Post
Its my understanding that the entune is standard on double cab sr5, trd sport , and 4x4
I hope it isn't standard. Before you know it the Tacoma will have a $45,000 sticker price and I won't be able to afford one.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #13
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
So could you run any app thru radio? Maybe some angry birds??? Basically its your phone in your dash??Maybe stream movies from my Netflix app??? If so I'd do it. If it's limited to certain things than I say no way.

They say more apps will be available.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #14
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hope it isn't standard. Before you know it the Tacoma will have a $45,000 sticker price and I won't be able to afford one.
That would be $60,000+ in Canada
Old 09-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #15
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Navigation mount, auxiliary jack and my Droid does everything this things does... and I get to take it with me when I get out.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #16
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Which is why I will run my 2008 into the ground, rebuild it, run it into the ground again, and then buy a used pre-2012 from some grandma who kept it in the garage it's whole life, and repeat the cycle.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #17
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWhiteTaco View Post
Maps are even cheaper, and the ability to read one proves you learned something from life. And for the American's it's low-tech enough to keep working after you have your Zombie Apocalypse.

Frank
Old 09-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #18
ohdrj1all will become famous soon enoughohdrj1all will become famous soon enough

ohdrj1all's Tacoma Gallery
I never buy factory in dash stuff like this. I'd much rather have a stand alone device (or devices) that can go from vehicle to vehicle with me. And (as mentioned above) nowadays most smartphones do everything these high priced in dash units do.

Anyway... to me these things are a huge waste of money that will be outdated technology in 3 years anyway. I can get a new smartphone every two years with cutting edge technology for free.

Entune... I'd pass.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #19
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Maps are even cheaper, and the ability to read one proves you learned something from life. And for the American's it's low-tech enough to keep working after you have your Zombie Apocalypse.

Frank
I used Thomas Guides for years. They're simple and they work. But when I can push a button on my phone and say "navigate to _______" and within 20 seconds I have turn by turn directions .... why not.

But I guess if I lived in Nova Scotia with a staggering population of just under 1 million a map from 1978 stuffed in the glove compartments would be the way to go. But I don't. I live in the Seattle area with 4-5 times the density and places... always changing.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #20
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post

Frank
Why does this have to be about Americans. Its pretty easy to dog Canada but there is no need to.