Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Access Tonneau Pictures

Old 09-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Access Tonneau Pictures

I recently purchased and put on my new access tonneau roll up cover. I bought it from autoanything for $340. The quality is great. It holds out the rain quite well. We just had all the rain from Irene, and I think all I got was a few trickles of water from the downpours we had. I didn't get the tailgate seal. The cover is tight and perfectly flat. Has tensioner adjusters for summer and winter temperatures. It also allows for the use of the front and side rails with the normal tie downs. What I love most is the cover follows the lines of the bed perfectly. Here is some pictures.

This sliding tab is how you unlatch the tonneau.

This tab is a lock for extra security if you prefer to use it.

At this point I didn't have my tie downs in the slide rails, but they do fit. I would advise to putting them on before putting on the tonneau hardware.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! we just had a couple threads on tonneaus too but its nice to see a actual pic of that type, lookin good!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
ronpaul2012 is on a distinguished road
ronpaul2012's Tacoma Gallery
IN pick 3 and a little in pic 2 your dog's face and tongue look like a girl from the backside with pink shorts on. At first I thought you in fact had some decal on your window. Cool.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
cms is on a distinguished road
cms's Tacoma Gallery
I'm very interested in this thread. I have one of these on my full-size truck and love it.

But on the Tacoma, I wonder if the track system enterfeared with the installation??

Also with the way the frame is mounted I wonder if it would cause the polymer bed caps to bow?

I ask this because on my Dodge with bed caps it was a disaster... My plastic beds caps bowed up bad. I had to have my bed caps taken off and have the top rail Rhino lined.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #7
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpaul2012 View Post
IN pick 3 and a little in pic 2 your dog's face and tongue look like a girl from the backside with pink shorts on. At first I thought you in fact had some decal on your window. Cool.
I dont see it
Old 09-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
colder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant futurecolder has a brilliant future
colder's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #9
BarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant future

BarefootBandit's Tacoma Gallery
I have it too.

Only if I could figure out how to remove that logo. It's applied with heat and melted onto the leather.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #10
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cms View Post
I'm very interested in this thread. I have one of these on my full-size truck and love it.

But on the Tacoma, I wonder if the track system enterfeared with the installation??

Also with the way the frame is mounted I wonder if it would cause the polymer bed caps to bow?

I ask this because on my Dodge with bed caps it was a disaster... My plastic beds caps bowed up bad. I had to have my bed caps taken off and have the top rail Rhino lined.

Thanks
For this tonneau, you first remove the track then put spacers behind it and put the track back on. You can still use the track and cleats. With the low profile tonneaus this company offers, you can't use the cleats that come with the truck.
As for the plastic at the top of the bed there is no problem. There is no extra pressure applied to anything. Everything bolts to existing mounting points.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #11
I am the one who knocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootBandit View Post
I have it too.

Only if I could figure out how to remove that logo. It's applied with heat and melted onto the leather.
I agree. This is the one thing I didn't like.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:32 AM   #12
cms is on a distinguished road
cms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
For this tonneau, you first remove the track then put spacers behind it and put the track back on. You can still use the track and cleats. With the low profile tonneaus this company offers, you can't use the cleats that come with the truck.
As for the plastic at the top of the bed there is no problem. There is no extra pressure applied to anything. Everything bolts to existing mounting points.

Thanks for the reply! Lots of helpful tips!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:35 AM   #13
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have it too.

ehhh,its not big enough to worry about
Old 09-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #14
Taco05ssm is on a distinguished road
Taco05ssm's Tacoma Gallery
I have had this same Tonneau Cover for over 3 years now...one of the best investments I've made for the truck. I use Armor All Original Protectant after a wash to keep it looking new and protect it from the UV rays. As for my sticker that fell off last year...I just used some bug/tar remover to get rid of the marks it seemed to work well. Good luck with it.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #15
09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of09TacomaPA has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
09TacomaPA's Tacoma Gallery
I have had the same cover on my truck for about a year now and it works great.

I will need to work on getting off that sticker also.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #16
grivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrivera is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
grivera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have it too.

Mine came off with minimal effort...a little armor all and the evidence was gone
Old 09-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #17
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
I agree. This is the one thing I didn't like.
Mine came off after a few washes. Also, you can use the mini tie-down Toyota sells for the track system with the low-pro access model.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #18
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and I sold my original tie-downs for the same price as the mini's. The load capacity is not much less with the mini's.