1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UltraGuage and ABS Light

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rellik01, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Sep 5, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    Rellik01

Rellik01 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Windermere, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 White
    Bull Guard powder coated white, chrome aftermarket tail lights,Led interior lights, Factory roof rack, Bug deflector, Factory tow package, Garmin GPS, Viper 5901 alarm with auto start, Weather tech window wind deflectors, , 3" Tube steps powder coated white, CB Radio, Radio Scanner.
    2011 DCLB. UltraGuage was constantly "Scanning" and ABS Light came on. Are these two events related. I reset the plug and will see what happens.
    Thanks for any advice.

2. Feb 26, 2024 at 7:45 AM
    Off Topic Guy

Off Topic Guy 2023 Trophy Points - Runner Up

Member:
    Reviving an old thread with no responses..

I have a 3rd gen and experienced the same thing a couple days ago. UG was stuck "scanning" and ABS light + slip light came on during a short 3-4 minute drive. The lights went off when I turned the truck off/on, and then came back on during the 3-4 minute return trip back home. I had not noticed my UG wasn't working during these trips (I assume it wasn't at least.) I had just installed an LED light bar, and had the battery disconnected for a few seconds while installing some terminal leads, so I assumed I had blown the "Stop" fuse (which is known to cause brake lights to go out and trigger those 2 lights in the dash), and I had just planned to replace the fuse the next morning. Next morning, went out to truck to turn on and check to see if brake lights were working, and noticed the UG was on and "scanning" even though the power was off and had not been cranked all night. I cranked the truck to make sure the battery wasn't dead, and it cranked no issue. The UG did not power down when I turned off the truck, so I unplugged it/plugged it back in. After a minute or two, it successfully scanned and connected to the ECU, I cranked the truck, and checked to see if the brake lights worked. It was bright and sunny, so I could not tell if they were lit up or not. The ABS/slip lights were not on after idling for about 5 mins, so I took a short drive through the neighborhood, and asked a neighbor to check my brake lights while I pumped them. Brake lights worked fine, no lights ever came on, and everything was back to normal. My best guess as to what happened was something wasn't happy when I disconnected the battery terminals during the light install, and the scanguage got stuck "scanning", which caused those lights to come on.

So wondering if anyone else has seen this? Also, OP if you're still around, how did yours turn out?

Products Discussed in

To Top