Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

MPGs are down from 18-20 to 13-15... WTF

Old 09-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
MPGs are down from 18-20 to 13-15... WTF

My MPGs has been slowly falling apart.. in the past few months it has slowly decreased... last two fill ups i have had MPGs between 13-15
Old 09-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
date joined 03-18-2009 this is my new ID
Glamis is on a distinguished road
Glamis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
My MPGs has been slowly falling apart.. in the past few months it has slowly decreased... last two fill ups i have had MPGs between 13-15
how many miles do you have? Hows your air clear? Did you change your spark plugs at 30,000?
Old 09-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Lift bigger tires?
Old 09-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

just hit 30K like a week ago
Old 09-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Sticks For Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamis View Post
how many miles do you have? Hows your air clear? Did you change your spark plugs at 30,000?
Ill have to check it out tomorrow.. what kind of Spark Plugs do you recommend
Old 09-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
PC4x4 is on a distinguished road
PC4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I just hit the same... 32K and my mileage went to shit! 13 city and 15-16 highway on last three tanks. Actually has me thinking why not drive a full size??? Really, the plugs need replaced at 30K? This one has me interested.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
They say change them at 30k but they use a copper plug, when I change mine it's getting platinums so I dont have to do it again
Old 09-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #8
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
platinums or not your gunna have to regap them regardless, maysell put stock ones in and just change em yourself every 30 k
Old 09-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
platinums last longer and I dont see myself owning this truck longer than 75,000 mi
Old 09-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #10
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
If you have to pull them to re-gap them at 30,000mi, might as well just replace them.

Expensive multi-tip platinum wonders are a bit of a waste on these engines.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Change your plugs John. Make sure the new ones are gapped at .040-.043,and go with the stock plugs.platinum won't do anything for these motors....and unless you are sc'd.....the iridiums won't either.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #13
Sticks For Troops

thanks will
Old 09-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #14
date joined 03-18-2009 this is my new ID
Glamis is on a distinguished road
Glamis's Tacoma Gallery
your tuck will do the same thing when you hit 60,ooo or so. I just hit 57ooo on my 2008 and the mpg has dropped off. Just need new plugs and ill get back what I have lost.