Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Short ram intake

Old 09-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
halfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
halfway72's Tacoma Gallery
Question Short ram intake

I recently purchased a TRD Sport with the hood scoop and its bugging me that its fake. Do any of you, or have any of you, considered a short ram intake? I am no gear head so there could be a major reason why this question makes no sense. I just figure since its there why not make it functional? Let me know what ya think!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfway72 View Post
I recently purchased a TRD Sport with the hood scoop and its bugging me that its fake. Do any of you, or have any of you, considered a short ram intake? I am no gear head so there could be a major reason why this question makes no sense. I just figure since its there why not make it functional? Let me know what ya think!
This hasten covered hundreds of times before, but the long and short of it is that it is located in a low-pressure portion of the hood, so no air would come in anyway.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Many have tried, all have failed.
The possibility of hydrolocking paired with the aforementioned low pressure area of the hood means no-go

The only functional thing that anyone has done with it is open it up so that heat can escape the engine bay easier when wheeling.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
halfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
halfway72's Tacoma Gallery
Well ain't that some shit. Never thought of any of those possibilities. Guess it'll just have to look cool chillen there. Thanks for the replies!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #7
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
On the D4D conversion, they open up the hood scoop to allow ventilation to the intercooler located on the top of the engine. By far the best use of the hood scoop I've seen.