Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sub install in dc console

Old 09-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
tacomoney is on a distinguished road
tacomoney's Tacoma Gallery
Sub install in dc console

Has anyone removed their center console and built a sub box to replace it. This is my next project but was looking for some guidance.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
how large of a sub are you wanting to install, there is a Inverter under the console if you have the AC outlet in the bed
Old 09-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I wouldn't. I like my center console. Also like Ben said, the inverter is in there is you have the bed outlet.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
tacomoney is on a distinguished road
tacomoney's Tacoma Gallery
im going with 2 sundown sa-8 on 1500 watts. I do not have the outlet in the bed so i think im clear.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
I've been thinking about one of these:http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1599

The guys at my local audio shop said that they have put them in 1st gens like mine but I'm waiting on my box that goes behind my rear seats and ride around for a while before I really start considering it if I don't like that.

Edit: The 10w3's are sick, just one will shake the entire truck. I love them. They are extremely versitile subs they sound great even in enclosers that are very small with a little bit of poly-fill.