Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

6" Pro Comp vs 6" Fab Tech Whats the difference?

Old 09-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
Wizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Greg
Wizzard005's Tacoma Gallery
6" Pro Comp vs 6" Fab Tech Whats the difference?

Aloha all,

what is the difference between these kits besides price?

Fabtech

Pro Comp

There is a very large price difference.....

Not sure what way I want to go....
Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Well they both suck just one costs more.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you going that has a big price difference?
Old 09-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
Diverse-Customs.com
Yodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shedYodaforce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
Yodaforce's Tacoma Gallery
Those FT spindles are alot beefier. Other than that, I sure can't see much difference.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #6
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard005 View Post
Aloha all,

what is the difference between these kits besides price?

Fabtech

Pro Comp

There is a very large price difference.....

Not sure what way I want to go....
save your money and get a long travel kit.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:23 AM   #7
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like the Fabtech has an AAL for the rear whereas the ProComp uses blocks...
Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 AM   #8
Wizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWizzard005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The Pro comp kit is about 2600, the fabtech kit is 4k To the person who said for long travel, I don't want to spend that kind of money , as if and when i move back to the USA, I am going to SAS it like my old truck. So for the time being this will be fine..

I may just do coil-overs, for if i can spend a little extra I will get the procomp and but a add a leaf from all pro...
Old 09-08-2011, 02:01 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
save your money and get a long travel kit.
how has your Pro Comp kit been? Any weird noises, any broken CV's?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:15 AM   #10
vprgts is on a distinguished road

Name: Walter
vprgts's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the basic fabtech 6" with performance shocks delivered to me for under $1800. Absolutely love the ride and set up!! After many months of doing the research I decided on this lift and definitely do not regret it.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #11
TiMe is a jewel in the roughTiMe is a jewel in the roughTiMe is a jewel in the rough
TiMe's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mine has the procomp with the coil overs and I have the fabtech with the coil overs. I like mine more than his. His sway bar mounts different than mine and he wears out the lil end links a lot. He also has some rubbing and is only on 33's.

I got my Fabtech kit from 4WP for 1900 and installed it myself.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #12
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Not sure how the sway bar attaches to the fabtech, but the procomp sucks ass. you have to turn the heads of the endlinks with a allen key to install them. its kind of hard to explain. They dont go through the spindle then have a nut attached to them. you use the allen key to actually screw them directly into the spindles. recently had to try to remove them from my friends truck and it was impossible. the were frozen solid in there and this was a cali truck. so make sure to use lots of antisieze on them if you go with procomp. Personally its a shitty design as you're not supposed to turn the stud on the end link to begin with.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #13
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard005 View Post
how has your Pro Comp kit been? Any weird noises, any broken CV's?
I did have a cv seal leak. but i think i have a bad cv. Because the angles are not bad at all. I have had couple noises but they have worked them selfs out. But if i had to do it all over again i would go with the All pro Long travel kit. But you live and learn.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #14
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I have not had one problem with my procomp kit but I am however taking it off and going lt.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #15
the full Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
I have not had one problem with my procomp kit but I am however taking it off and going lt.
are you going to reweld the cross member you cut off???
Old 09-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #16
No I'm not worried about it. Haha jk jk yeah I'm having a new piece made
Old 09-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #18
Just the all pro kit
Old 09-09-2011, 12:24 AM   #20
Lt is so much work tho. Not sure if it's worth it :/