LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Brush Guards...which one!

Old 09-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
j1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shedj1999t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
j1999t's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 09-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the ones made by WAAG. I do not have one but was checking them out on their website. They look to be quality built.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
Do you want one just for the looks or do you want one that could provide adequate protection?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
D4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the roughD4D Hilux Dude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Darren
D4D Hilux Dude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrysam View Post
Do you want one just for the looks or do you want one that could provide adequate protection?
X2 ???
Old 09-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
JTacoma will become famous soon enough

JTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Westin makes brush guards that can hold a winch also. Aries And Steelcraft are some other brands to look in to.
Here's a link to a site that sells a couple different brands of brush guards and bull bars for a decent price. I have also been considering buying a brush guard.

http://www.carid.com/2010-toyota-tacoma-grill-guards/
Old 09-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #9
#racecarlife
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
check out Ranch Hand and Frontier Truck Gear
Old 09-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #11
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
Preferably one that has a decent amount of protection and that looks good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post
check out Ranch Hand and Frontier Truck Gear
I would echo Ranch Hand then (or any one piece guard). They seem to be pretty sturdy. Unless they've changed something they should be a 1 piece guard.

The grill guards with the bolt on brush guards can't take much of a hit before they take out a fender themselves. My FIL has a Westin. The grill guard portion that bolts to the frame pretty sturdy but the brush guards will flex just going through a car wash. I've had a few friends with other stuff and pretty much same story with bolt together guards.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #12
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going to spend the money you have already saved, save a little longer and buy a solid full front bumper. You will have looks and protection. Best of both worlds. Brush guards provide minimal protection, sometimes even cause more damage.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #13
Adam Baum is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Adam Baum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrosiveTendency View Post
If you are going to spend the money you have already saved, save a little longer and buy a solid full front bumper.
Where could I find more information on that? I'm not worried about looks. If I hit a deer around these parts I would like to be the winner.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #14
shawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Shawn
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik01 View Post
Go Rhino product on my truck. I am satisfied.
Does anyone know if the Go Rhino will fit with the optional Toyota skid plate?

Thanks
Shawn
Old 09-09-2011, 07:35 AM   #15
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Baum View Post
Where could I find more information on that? I'm not worried about looks. If I hit a deer around these parts I would like to be the winner.
Sticky posts on the top of the 2nd Gen section. A whole big fat list of guys who build them.