1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Warm air from steering column

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by puckstopper55, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Sep 8, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    puckstopper55

puckstopper55 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    '11 Double Cab TRD Sport, Mag Grey
    tailgate anti-theft Map Light LED's Dome Light LED LP LED Halogen Bed Light Extra D-Rings in bed Anytime Fog Lights Tri-Fold tonnau cover Wet Ok's
    I noticed this since the day I got the truck, but its really annoying now. I can ride around with the windows open on a nice day, and I still feel warm air blowing on me .. after searching a bit, it feels as if its coming from around the steering column .. does this happen with anyone else? Is it normal?

2. Sep 8, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Not mine. Grommet sounds like it.

3. Sep 8, 2011 at 11:30 AM
    Tacoma206

Tacoma206 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White 4WD
    Even if your fan is off, if the heat dial is turned to the hot side it will still emit warm air and maybe your vents are angled toward your steering column? Just throwing out suggestions, such a weird condition...

Edit: Is the air strength strong?

4. Sep 8, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    puckstopper55

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    tailgate anti-theft Map Light LED's Dome Light LED LP LED Halogen Bed Light Extra D-Rings in bed Anytime Fog Lights Tri-Fold tonnau cover Wet Ok's

If the fans are off, and the dial is set to cool, it still has warm air .. its not hot, and not being blown at me .. but almost like its just flowing through the engine bay and into the cab

5. Sep 8, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    ee1284

ee1284 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner Sport
    Is the air set to recirculate?

When I turn off the a/c and have it set to cool it still blows in warm air if i didn't have the recirculate button on before turning the air conditioner to off.

6. Sep 8, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    puckstopper55

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    Its possible. I will look when I get out of work, but being that the truck is brand new with 5500 miles on it, I guess this would have had to been a factory mistake. Correct?

Sometimes. I will have to pay more attention as to when it happens, but I know that its still warm air, even then the knob is set on the blue bars.

Products Discussed in

To Top