Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Warm air from steering column

Old 09-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
Warm air from steering column

I noticed this since the day I got the truck, but its really annoying now. I can ride around with the windows open on a nice day, and I still feel warm air blowing on me .. after searching a bit, it feels as if its coming from around the steering column .. does this happen with anyone else? Is it normal?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Never heard of this issue. Maybe you are missing a grommet in the firewall.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Not mine. Grommet sounds like it.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
Even if your fan is off, if the heat dial is turned to the hot side it will still emit warm air and maybe your vents are angled toward your steering column? Just throwing out suggestions, such a weird condition...

Edit: Is the air strength strong?
Old 09-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma206 View Post
Even if your fan is off, if the heat dial is turned to the hot side it will still emit warm air and maybe your vents are angled toward your steering column? Just throwing out suggestions, such a weird condition...

Edit: Is the air strength strong?

If the fans are off, and the dial is set to cool, it still has warm air .. its not hot, and not being blown at me .. but almost like its just flowing through the engine bay and into the cab
Old 09-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
So probably a grommet...
Old 09-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
ee1284 is on a distinguished road
ee1284's Tacoma Gallery
Is the air set to recirculate?

When I turn off the a/c and have it set to cool it still blows in warm air if i didn't have the recirculate button on before turning the air conditioner to off.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
So probably a grommet...
Its possible. I will look when I get out of work, but being that the truck is brand new with 5500 miles on it, I guess this would have had to been a factory mistake. Correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ee1284 View Post
Is the air set to recirculate?
Sometimes. I will have to pay more attention as to when it happens, but I know that its still warm air, even then the knob is set on the blue bars.