Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4x4 conversion

Old 09-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #41
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vang Toua Moua View Post
yes i think a shop would love to do it, money is not the problem on me its only if it could be done without problems. haha yes ive been told that already, but i will prefer mine because its been with the family since 000 miles and it has never been used for wat it can do till me.
You just said money is not a problem.......but you said you can't pay for a new 4x4?

Quote:
yeah i do want to trade it in for a 2nd gen 4x4 tacoma, but i wouldnt have to money to pay for it. the reason y i only want their part is because they bought that tacoma used, and i had mine brand spanking new, 0 miles. so if it was possible i just want to trade parts, since they know nothing about off roading.
If you really want a 4x4, sell your current Tacoma and get a used 4x4...
Old 09-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #42
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Cost to convert to 6 lug 4x4 would probably be less than a front and rear SAS.

If you want a stock looking 2gen 4x4, sell your current truck and buy one.

Edit: And stop fucking talking about wanting mommy and daddy to buy you a vehicle when you graduate from college. Earn your own shit.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:47 AM   #43
Vang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to behold
Name: Vang
Vang Toua Moua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Cost to convert to 6 lug 4x4 would probably be less than a front and rear SAS.

If you want a stock looking 2gen 4x4, sell your current truck and buy one.

Edit: And stop fucking talking about wanting mommy and daddy to buy you a vehicle when you graduate from college. Earn your own shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
You just said money is not a problem.......but you said you can't pay for a new 4x4?

If you really want a 4x4, sell your current Tacoma and get a used 4x4...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
nobody makes a bolt on sas kit and the sky kit is designed for first gens...

im not 100% sure but i think the 5 lug tacomas have a different frame than 6 luggers too. not just suspension

OP if you go start spending stupid money on your 5 lug have you thought about long travel?

lmfao, yes yes i know. well i was just saying they would of n they should of. its ok if i get stuck ill just use a tractor to get my ass out. lol. yeah money aint a problem, i just dont get it continuosly every month like the rest of you folks, i get it wen i work for it. plus saving money aint my thing. well i thought they would too being that they all look alike just different set up in shocks.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #44
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Whatcha talking about? the transfer case thats already installed?

Whats that do?

How do you take out a transmission and swap output shafts?

Help
No, I mean in your parts list you left out the transfer case. If you don't have that, it's gonna be kinda tough to get a front driveshaft somewhere to "plug in" to.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #45
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lmfao, yes yes i know. well i was just saying they would of n they should of. its ok if i get stuck ill just use a tractor to get my ass out. lol. yeah money aint a problem, i just dont get it continuosly every month like the rest of you folks, i get it wen i work for it. plus saving money aint my thing. well i thought they would too being that they all look alike just different set up in shocks.
you type all fucked up on purpose? your responses are difficult to read. if i read it outloud, i sound retarded.

i have lost track of what you are even asking about..!!

sell your truck and buy a nissan 4x4 frontier. those guys have an awesome bbs!!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #46
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Lol
Old 09-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #47
Vang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to behold
Name: Vang
Vang Toua Moua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
you type all fucked up on purpose? your responses are difficult to read. if i read it outloud, i sound retarded.

i have lost track of what you are even asking about..!!

sell your truck and buy a nissan 4x4 frontier. those guys have an awesome bbs!!
wooo there buddy, to much to say, dontch think? lol. i dont even know if im gonna be able to upgrade my truck any more. just found out yesterday my fiance is pregnant. my money mite be goin elsewhere for now.