Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

swap with 4 cyl 4x4

Old 09-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #21
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Not cool to start two threads on one subject.
im trying to be nice because people who have no idea how to use interwebz or that you shouldnt tt a 4 banger pickup, or offroad with 18s or swap 5lug to 6lug 4x4 should be eduacated and he hasnt got all butthurt.

All i have to say is research OP
Old 09-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #22
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
OP, no,no,no, buy a beater 4x4 for play. You'll throw more money into your 5 lug and not be happy. Or take the 5 lug and money you'd spend and shop around for a 4x4 of your dreams..............
Old 09-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #23
Vang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to behold
Name: Vang
Vang Toua Moua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
at least try to be nice... some people just arent educated on these things... its cool to dream...
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Twin turbo 4 banger? Yeah the engine barely pushes out enough exhaust to spin one turbo. Also the STS kit is for the V6.
Quote:
OP i suggest getting this

http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-6785101-t...2005-2011.html

These
http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-6764982-t...1995-2011.html

and one of these

http://rocky-road.com/toylockright.html

then throw some 31x10.5x15 on some 15" rims and call it as close to a 4x4 swap as your going to get without totally rebuilding the truck

yes exactly, u got to ask to know, if i knew all of these things i would of never asked. lol. for the lift i already have it planned out. its just the rockstars are a sick ass pair of wheels n i just want them, thats all. well for the turbo, i kinda read here bout someone who put twin turbo into there 4 cyl, plus i like the turbo for the mpg's.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #24
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vang Toua Moua View Post
yes exactly, u got to ask to know, if i knew all of these things i would of never asked. lol. for the lift i already have it planned out. its just the rockstars are a sick ass pair of wheels n i just want them, thats all. well for the turbo, i kinda read here bout someone who put twin turbo into there 4 cyl, plus i like the turbo for the mpg's.
say wut? turbo for mpgs? and if you turbo there is a high chance you wont be able to be smogged

what lift do you plan on running?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #25
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
well for the turbo, i kinda read here bout someone who put twin turbo into there 4 cyl, plus i like the turbo for the mpg's.
Yeah no not enough exhaust energy from a 4 banger. Also the don't increase MPG they burn more gas when they boost.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #26
Vang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
im trying to be nice because people who have no idea how to use interwebz or that you should tt a 4 banger pickup, or offroad with 18s or swap 5lug to 6lug 4x4 should be eduacated and he hasnt got all butthurt.

All i have to say is research OP
lmfao, exactly wat i had in mind. its always great to think. maybe one day with enough equipment i might be alble to put something like that together. lol
Old 09-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc350 View Post
OP, no,no,no, buy a beater 4x4 for play. You'll throw more money into your 5 lug and not be happy. Or take the 5 lug and money you'd spend and shop around for a 4x4 of your dreams..............

yeah the truck of my dreams would be purchased but just not yet till i grad from my ma in ag engineer. my dream is to get me a brand spankin new dodge 3500 dually diesel 4x4.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #28

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah the truck of my dreams would be purchased but just not yet till i grad from my ma in ag engineer. my dream is to get me a brand spankin new dodge 3500 dually diesel 4x4.
for offroading?

trying really hard to be nice
Old 09-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #29
Quote:
say wut? turbo for mpgs? and if you turbo there is a high chance you wont be able to be smogged

what lift do you plan on running?
Quote:
Yeah no not enough exhaust energy from a 4 banger. Also the don't increase MPG they burn more gas when they boost.

yep, well mainly turbo for that, power, and sort of horse trailer hauling here n there. what! really, dang. wat would give me more boost n be able to pass smog. im in ca. um only a 3" lift. well reading n researching many reviews say that running around without using to much boost, the turbos would actually give u a increase in mpg.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #30
Quote:
for offroading?

trying really hard to be nice

lmfao, well not exactly, imma still purchase a tacoma 4x4 by then too, but first off is that dodge. hey u gotta have one to haul a 9 horse trailer.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #31
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
yep, well mainly turbo for that, power, and sort of horse trailer hauling here n there. what! really, dang. wat would give me more boost n be able to pass smog. im in ca. um only a 3" lift. well reading n researching many reviews say that running around without using to much boost, the turbos would actually give u a increase in mpg.
No power adders are legal for use in CA for the 4 bangers.

Horse trailer huh? Yeah you need a full size truck.

Just slapping on forced induction does not increase MPG. Sorry it just doesn't.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #32
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
lmfao, well not exactly, imma still purchase a tacoma 4x4 by then too, but first off is that dodge. hey u gotta have one to haul a 9 horse trailer.
Forgive me if I sound aggravated, but are you 14 or 15?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #33

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you sound like a nice guy but damn you are all over the place...

with all the money you talk about putting into your truck you could sell it and buy a 4x4 v6 and have something better to mod

for modding your current truck think practical mods. simple lift, some armor if you plan to offroad, and a locker

once you get into turbo talk and 18s on a 5lug with 31" offroad tires you sound crazy like you have no idea what you want
Old 09-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #34
Quote:
No power adders are legal for use in CA for the 4 bangers.

Horse trailer huh? Yeah you need a full size truck.

Just slapping on forced induction does not increase MPG. Sorry it just doesn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Forgive me if I sound aggravated, but are you 14 or 15?

yep sure enough i will, but it wont hurt to own 2 trucks. got darn it, guess i would just skip out on that then. well wat would the urd supercharger help out on besides power? no sir, wish i was still that young, but im 19. sure sound like one tho dont i. lol
Old 09-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #35
Quote:
you sound like a nice guy but damn you are all over the place...

with all the money you talk about putting into your truck you could sell it and buy a 4x4 v6 and have something better to mod

for modding your current truck think practical mods. simple lift, some armor if you plan to offroad, and a locker

once you get into turbo talk and 18s on a 5lug with 31" offroad tires you sound crazy like you have no idea what you want

yep true that, i usaully imagine without much thought into it. first of all i do know nothing on wat i can and can not do. yeah i sure will, but my dad paid off my truck before he handed it down to me, so bare with me, its really special to me and i probably wouldnt trade it in till its down to the last bolt.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #36
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #37
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Subbing....for no real purpose other than I really miss the central valley.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #38
Banned
Quote:
yep sure enough i will, but it wont hurt to own 2 trucks. got darn it, guess i would just skip out on that then. well wat would the urd supercharger help out on besides power?
Just power really. If you drive super nice you might get 1 MPG better because the engine is running more efficiently.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #39
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Subbing....for no real purpose other than I really miss the central valley.
Brings back some Hmemories doesn't it?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #40
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
Brings back some Hmemories doesn't it?
Hman I can't tell you the hmemories it brings back. I rehmember those days very well.