Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

swap with 4 cyl 4x4

Old 09-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Vang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to behold
Name: Vang
Vang Toua Moua's Tacoma Gallery
swap with 4 cyl 4x4

i know i cant do it with a 6 lug 4x4, but could i still atleast switch parts with someone who has a 4 cyl 4x4 tacoma, and switch parts with them even tho there tacoma is an older model?
Old 09-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
wut?
Old 09-08-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Why another thread?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...onversion.html

It isn't a bolt in process. You will be cutting and fitting and fabbing so you might as well SAS.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
Vang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to beholdVang Toua Moua is a splendid one to behold
ugh, but arent they atleast shorter, and could be usable? i know this is another thread, but im just a very curious boy who injoys working on projects. just want to know as much as i can and do all i can.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Why another thread?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...onversion.html

It isn't a bolt in process. You will be cutting and fitting and fabbing so you might as well SAS.
lol, would i just be better off, just climbing stuff and running the crap out of my 5 lug on the dirt without 4x4?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCTacoma2009 View Post
Not sure what you're asking but the 4 cylinder 4x4's are 6 lug too.
He is a 5 lug trying to put 6 lug suspension on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vang Toua Moua View Post
lol, would i just be better off, just climbing stuff and running the crap out of my 5 lug on the dirt without 4x4?
Get some better tires and maybe throw in a locker and you will do fine. Not 4wd fine but you will be alright. If you still need the 4wd I suggest trading in or buying a beater 4wd truck.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Because if you ask the same thing over and over and over again, you'll eventually get the answer you were hoping to receive.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcfly View Post
Because if you ask the same thing over and over and over again, you'll eventually get the answer you were hoping to receive.
That's what I'm going wrong. Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #9
Quote:
He is a 5 lug trying to put 6 lug suspension on it.

Get some better tires and maybe throw in a locker and you will do fine. Not 4wd fine but you will be alright. If you still need the 4wd I suggest trading in or buying a beater 4wd truck.
thanks. yes i am goin to upgrade my wheels and tires to 18 wheels with 31" bfg's. would it be easy enough for me to install the locker in and which one would be best for mine?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #10
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks. yes i am goin to upgrade my wheels and tires to 18 wheels with 31" bfg's. would it be easy enough for me to install the locker in and which one would be best for mine?
18s???? i thought you wanted to go offroad?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
18's and 31's? Offroading? Two threads?

Whacha been smoking bro?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
Banned
Yeah 18s aren't really good for wheeling since there is less tire sidewall. You can do it though.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
calm down bud, form at least one coherent sentence.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
18's and 31's? Offroading? Two threads?

Whacha been smoking bro?
Quote:
Yeah 18s aren't really good for wheeling since there is less tire sidewall. You can do it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
18s???? i thought you wanted to go offroad?

lol drugs aint my thing. well the 18 rockstars look sick so i wanted me some, well i go off roading but not to often due to work and school, but i go occasionally. lol. i dont know i got lots of stuff planned for my truck. i got the money comin in and my hopes is to get er done by christmas. plus ive been looking at the sts remote twin turbo kit for my tacoma also.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #15

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
OP i suggest getting this

http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-6785101-t...2005-2011.html

These
http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-6764982-t...1995-2011.html

and one of these

http://rocky-road.com/toylockright.html

then throw some 31x10.5x15 on some 15" rims and call it as close to a 4x4 swap as your going to get without totally rebuilding the truck
Old 09-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #16

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
and squires specializes in bigger vehicle turbo systems. your better off with the URD system
Old 09-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #17
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
lol drugs aint my thing. well the 18 rockstars look sick so i wanted me some, well i go off roading but not to often due to work and school, but i go occasionally. lol. i dont know i got lots of stuff planned for my truck. i got the money comin in and my hopes is to get er done by christmas. plus ive been looking at the sts remote twin turbo kit for my tacoma also.
5 lug Tacoma, 18" Rockstars, Twin Turbo?

Old 09-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #18
Banned
Twin turbo 4 banger? Yeah the engine barely pushes out enough exhaust to spin one turbo. Also the STS kit is for the V6.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #19

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
5 lug Tacoma, 18" Rockstars, Twin Turbo?

at least try to be nice... some people just arent educated on these things... its cool to dream...
Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #20
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
at least try to be nice... some people just arent educated on these things... its cool to dream...
Not cool to start two threads on one subject.