Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need your Help

Old 09-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Need your Help

OK Guys for a long time I've been stressed with the dilemma of where to mount my Brake controller. I like I nice clean looking truck and I didn't want to drill any wholes into the dash of the truck that might be noticeable if I ever had to remove it when I was ready to sell it. I also didn't want it to be in the way of anything but I Finally figured it out. There is a pocket on the left side of the Dash that also acts as the cover for the Fuse Panel. I want to take that pocket and cut the back of it out so that the Brake Controller can slide in far enough that I can open and close the pocket still. This will allow me to have the pocket closed when I'm not using it and opened when I am using it. I can't wait to have the controller permanently mounted. What I need your help for is I don't want to use my original pocket I want to order a new one from the dealer so that they can easily be swapped out if I ever needed to. I know this part is color coded because It matches my gray dash and the wouldn't put a gray pocket on a Tan dash. My Local dealer is not able to find this part in there system so I was hoping you guys will be able to help guide me. I promise to take pictures of the install as soon as I have the replacement part. Thanks for you help in advance.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Junk yard. Pick-n-pull place.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Please excuse me...but what is a brake controller please?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Please excuse me...but what is a brake controller please?
Not mine, but a very good explanation nonetheless...

If you've ever gone roller skating at the rink with a large group of friends, you might very well have started a train. With everyone in single file and holding onto the person in front of him or her, the train continues in a circle around the rink. As long as everyone skates together at the same relative speed, the line will move along safely.

The group can't go on skating in circles forever, of course. So when someone needs to take a break, the best way the whole train can slow down at the same time is if the person at the front of the line sends a signal to rest of the skaters to slow down. This way, each skater stops at about the same time, avoiding any collisions. If the front skater had decided to stop on his own without letting those behind him know of his decision, the full force of the train's momentum would cause his fellow skaters to crash into him, creating a massive pileup and probably tripping up any nearby strangers.

You can think of a truck towing a trailer in a similar way. If you simply hitch your trailer up and head out on the road, slowing down becomes more difficult because of the extra weight behind your vehicle. Fortunately, most states require drivers to equip their trailers with brakes and devices known as brake controllers. When a driver presses on the brake pedal in his truck, the brake controller lets the trailer's brake system know how much braking power is needed to stop the trailer.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Not mine, but a very good explanation nonetheless...

If you've ever gone roller skating at the rink with a large group of friends, you might very well have started a train. With everyone in single file and holding onto the person in front of him or her, the train continues in a circle around the rink. As long as everyone skates together at the same relative speed, the line will move along safely.

The group can't go on skating in circles forever, of course. So when someone needs to take a break, the best way the whole train can slow down at the same time is if the person at the front of the line sends a signal to rest of the skaters to slow down. This way, each skater stops at about the same time, avoiding any collisions. If the front skater had decided to stop on his own without letting those behind him know of his decision, the full force of the train's momentum would cause his fellow skaters to crash into him, creating a massive pileup and probably tripping up any nearby strangers.

You can think of a truck towing a trailer in a similar way. If you simply hitch your trailer up and head out on the road, slowing down becomes more difficult because of the extra weight behind your vehicle. Fortunately, most states require drivers to equip their trailers with brakes and devices known as brake controllers. When a driver presses on the brake pedal in his truck, the brake controller lets the trailer's brake system know how much braking power is needed to stop the trailer.
LOL I've never heard it explained that way. Now I think I want to go on U tube and try to find this scenario because that would be hilarious to see.

Thanks for the mental image.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you Colton! I understand now.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #7

So Apparently Junkyards aren't up to date enough in Florida to have 2005 and up Tacomas on there u pull it lots and they wont part out those pieces of the dash because it will make selling the whole dash Assembly harder for them.