Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Tri-Fold Rugged Cover

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
My Tri-Fold Rugged Cover

Just installed it today. What do you all think? It is held on by 4 clamps and I can take it off in less than a minute. I think I may camp in it this weekend for the start of the bow season! It isn't 100% water proof but it is pretty dang close I would say. I ordered a pop n lock as well so I can lock my tail gate in case I have something back there I don't want tampered with.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dang, I thought it looked good! Thanks for the props.....
Old 09-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Props on the nice looking tonneau!

I am looking to order one online this evening. What kind did you get?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
chatapuggy1 is on a distinguished road
chatapuggy1's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Yup, looks good, I got the Tonno pro and I think its the same just made under a different name. Got the pop n lock also for the same reason you mentioned. Works out great, its about 1 year old now (I use 303 Aerospace UV spray on it, as the warranty required it) and it has kept it looking like new!

Old 09-12-2011, 01:04 AM   #5
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetaco02 View Post
Just installed it today. What do you all think? It is held on by 4 clamps and I can take it off in less than a minute. I think I may camp in it this weekend for the start of the bow season! It isn't 100% water proof but it is pretty dang close I would say. I ordered a pop n lock as well so I can lock my tail gate in case I have something back there I don't want tampered with.

Looks great! but it looks like its a soft topper right? so even with the pop n lock they can just cut through it you know them fuckin thieves
Old 09-12-2011, 01:06 AM   #6
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

One more thing, can those tonneaus be opened and closed with the tailgate up?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:07 AM   #7
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatapuggy1 View Post
Yup, looks good, I got the Tonno pro and I think its the same just made under a different name. Got the pop n lock also for the same reason you mentioned. Works out great, its about 1 year old now (I use 303 Aerospace UV spray on it, as the warranty required it) and it has kept it looking like new!

i am not big fan of the tonneau but that looks good.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:59 AM   #8
Thanks! Yeah can be closed and latched with tailgate down. You have to have the gate down to open it thought. I hear ya about the thieves thing, I debated forever about covers. I had the expensive painted fiberglass one on my last truck and hated it. It seemed like every time I went somewhere and something came up where I needed the bed, I was in a jam and couldn't get it off. With this one, its just a deterrent, but so much easier to get off if you need it. I figure if thieves want it, I got insurance, let them take it. I don't put nothing in there half the time anyway except my mountain bike and you can see that anyway.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:50 AM   #9
plurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
plurpimpin's Tacoma Gallery
Nice tonneau, I have the same one my truck and I love it. The tri fold is so easy, it only takes me about 30 seconds to completely remove it to load dirt bikes.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:54 AM   #10
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin' good fellas!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:04 AM   #11
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the rugged cover for 3 years now and love the price and ease of use. My only problem with mine is that it started to shrink and curl up some. I'm not sure what you would use to prevent that from happening. I saw a Tundra with one the other day and it had the same issue.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #12

I will be buying some aerospace 303 once I find it here locally. May go to pep boys.

My pop n lock should be here tomorrow and I will put that on. From what I understand they can cut a slit through it but can't tear it. If they want it that bad they can have it!

Mine is the tri fold soft tonneau cover.

I actually slept in it Friday night. I threw a piece of screen over the opening and slept like a baby! Much easier than a tent just not nearly as much room!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #13
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Does the tonneau come with side seals for the tail gate? You will get leaks without the seals.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Does the tonneau come with side seals for the tail gate? You will get leaks without the seals.

There is a seal attached to the cover. It isn't 100% but it is pretty close.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #15
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I am not talking about the seal between the tonneau and the top edge of the tailgate. You need to have seals between the tailgate and bed sides (Hilux shown, but same idea):

In fact you can get seals that go all around:

http://www.amazon.com/Pace-Edwards-W...=pd_sbs_auto_2
Old 09-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #16
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my Tri-Fold Tonneau Pro about 2 weeks ago .. Couldnt be any easier, and keps 99.9% of the water out. Its awesome .. I also just ordered my 303 spray .. do I just spray it on and wipe it off? Or after its wiped off, do I need to buff it?

I paid $242 total for my cover on ebay. Great price from what I can tell
Old 09-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #17
When using 303 aerospace, either spray it on the tonneau and gently wipe off, or spray into your cloth and wipe on. No buffing,use as you would any other back to black or so-called shine product. Safe to use on all rubber/vinyl parts, My uncle told me about it, apparently its been used in the boating world for years. Not as much shine as some other products, like meguiars, mothers, etc., but some of those products contain petroleum distillates which actually work in reverse drying out the rubber/vinyl. Plus, I run a bed extender underneath and the quick latches would not clear the extender, so I called the company and they sent me a couple extra bolts from the front of the tonneau that I could use instead, but the rep mentioned to me that 303 was the only product that they endorse for through the warranty, if you use something else that dries the product out I guess they would not replace.

And yeah, $242 is about what I paid for mine, about the best price your gonna get for a cover, and it looks great.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:41 PM   #18
Senior NEWBIE

Regardless that things looks sleeeeeeeeek
Old 09-15-2011, 04:29 AM   #19
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatapuggy1 View Post
When using 303 aerospace, either spray it on the tonneau and gently wipe off, or spray into your cloth and wipe on. No buffing,use as you would any other back to black or so-called shine product. Safe to use on all rubber/vinyl parts, My uncle told me about it, apparently its been used in the boating world for years. Not as much shine as some other products, like meguiars, mothers, etc., but some of those products contain petroleum distillates which actually work in reverse drying out the rubber/vinyl. Plus, I run a bed extender underneath and the quick latches would not clear the extender, so I called the company and they sent me a couple extra bolts from the front of the tonneau that I could use instead, but the rep mentioned to me that 303 was the only product that they endorse for through the warranty, if you use something else that dries the product out I guess they would not replace.

And yeah, $242 is about what I paid for mine, about the best price your gonna get for a cover, and it looks great.
I would assume this means I can use it on my dash and doors, correct?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #20
Thumbs up

Yup, sure does. I have been using it on just about everything except the tires. Just dont expect it to have a glossy shine like some of the other products out there. But the rubber stuff on my 93 Camry still looks good after all these years using it, and its parked outside all day everyday.

Products Discussed in this Thread