Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Taking it to new heights

Old 06-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
CarneAsadaTaco is on a distinguished road
CarneAsadaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Taking it to new heights

I noticed that most Access/Double Cab Tacomas here are lifted to some ridiculous height or even just tricked out for going Off-Roading.

I myself often gawk or drool-over such monstrocities but it's not what I plan My Taco. Besides, it's not even the TRD Off-Road package. I was thinking more along the lines of dropping my Double Cab Taco a few inches, maybe even just above the X-runner level, then throwing on some sweet rims and interior additions. I really don't plan on hauling very much in the future anyway.

Is that do-able? Or does it break some sort of Taco code of honor?

Let me know!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #2
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever floats your boat. It's not my thing and i would never do that to a truck but i've seen it done plenty of times, and if it's done right it looks pretty descent. Personally, i just think trucks should be jacked and cars should be slammed, but thats just my personal preference. One thing you'll notice on this site is that there are people that slam and people that jack and everyone is accepted. We don't discriminate based on truck height It's your truck do what you want, and anyone on the site that has any experience will be glad to share it. If you do something cool make sure to post pics.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
how low do you want to go with your taco? i have seen taco owners with hydrolics (so oldschool but cool) post pics when you have it done
Old 06-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
not my thing exactly(lowering a truck), but i saw a guy on toyotanation that lowered his 05+ tacoma and put some 20's or maybe even22's on it(not really sure which)......and to be honest with ya, it looked pretty awesome!!! if you want to lower your ride....go for it man!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
Panama Red is on a distinguished road
Panama Red's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to check this thread if you want to drop your truck:
http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90827
Old 06-13-2007, 07:51 PM   #6
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
i thought about going the wrong way with my truck. its a clean look. gl in your non monstrocity of a truck.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
Anthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the rough

Anthony999's Tacoma Gallery
Im gonna put lowering blocks on mine, because I dont wanna drop a couple thousand on bagging it. If you wanna lower it, just get some lowering blocks, you can get a 5 inch drop for less than $100
Old 05-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
get an xrunner they look awesome low. i just see why you would lower your truck but its your truck.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #9
lineberw is on a distinguished road
lineberw's Tacoma Gallery
Do it and do it right!

Hey I think they look really nice lowered just as well as being raised.* If you were trying to lower lower a four wheel dive then I might think it was crazy but, go for it man.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #10
Slvr_DblTaco is on a distinguished road

Slvr_DblTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My old 84 Toyota truck - was slammed!!! Slammed as in a soda can would get stuck on my frame if I tried to drive over it. They can be fun, but they can be a ton of work.

go for it - but I think you should have bought the X-Runner to start off with.

You can have the rear springs de-arched (instead of lowering blocks) to still have a hair of road clearance under the rear axle. Also look into a C-Notch for the rear frame.

Are the 4x2's still coming with a Torsion bar front set suspension - if grab wrench and down she goes.

Keep me posted!
Bob
Old 05-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #11
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Lowered trucks are personally not my thing.

I guess if its its a Prerunner you can get away with it. If your a 4x4 then I point and laugh.

This truck looks pretty sick at the factory height. Maybe you should go this route.

Old 05-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #12
FMLYHM
zmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura about

zmtnbik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony999 View Post
Im gonna put lowering blocks on mine, because I dont wanna drop a couple thousand on bagging it. If you wanna lower it, just get some lowering blocks, you can get a 5 inch drop for less than $100
5" blocks? That would be one hell of a stiff ride. And how do you lower the front? Heat the coils?

With the cash some spend on lifting, I would do the same on lowering and do it right, bag it. For the record, not a fan of lowered trucks.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #13
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I kind of in the thinking of "Toyota" did it right, I did put on some larger tires, but nothing that needed a lift.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:25 PM   #14
Anthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the roughAnthony999 is a jewel in the rough

Anthony999's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmtnbik View Post
5" blocks? That would be one hell of a stiff ride. And how do you lower the front? Heat the coils?

With the cash some spend on lifting, I would do the same on lowering and do it right, bag it. For the record, not a fan of lowered trucks.

Well, Im only 17, so I dont have the cash to just throw down a couple thousand.