Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rubbing with Stock Tires and Stock Height?

Old 09-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #1
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Rubbing with Stock Tires and Stock Height?

On my '11 DCSB, when I'm reversing and at full lock, if I happen to roll over a hole or hit a speed bump the tires rub on something. Not sure what.

Is this normal? I wouldn't think so. Its full stock.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:33 AM   #2
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
i do it in my first gen, stock height, stock tire size, and no offroad bumpers or anything weighing it down, wtf???
Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 AM   #3
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I still have the mudflaps on and want them to stay on. Good rock chip protection. It's also why I bought a "4x4". LOL
Old 09-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
yea, granted backspacing is out a 1/4 inch, but shouldnt thathelp???
Old 09-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
Yeah, I still have the mudflaps on and want them to stay on. Good rock chip protection. It's also why I bought a "4x4". LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
u bought a 4x4 for mudflaps?

eh, trim them 3" because if u actually use ur truck like u say ur going to, u will lose them.

buy some sliders

u should also look into better suspension, the factory TRD offroad setup sucks.

as do the tires.

X2 we pull the mud flaps off the trucks when we hit the trail (Those that have them) or they wont have any at the end or the trail.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
11B4X4 is on a distinguished road

Army: GRUNT
11B4X4's Tacoma Gallery
or they just scratch the piss out of the truck. Like someone went over the area there touching with sand paper.....
Old 09-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
do u still have those long assed mudflaps on?
x2

My mudflaps ALWAYS scrape the stupid speed bumps here.

And off roading, they scrape on the ground..
Old 09-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
08TacoTrD will become famous soon enough
08TacoTrD's Tacoma Gallery
Mine did the same thing with 265/70R16 BFG Rugged Trails. Full lock and compressed shocks. Now with slightly larger tires(265/75R16) it's a little more pronounced.