Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone Running Black Rhino Ocotillos?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone Running Black Rhino Ocotillos?

17"x9" rim, -12 offset, 4.5 Backspacing on 265/70R17 tires?

Any problems with rubbing? Did it require spacers/Spidertrax?
Old 09-09-2011, 05:49 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Those specs are fine, except that many 265/70/17 tires aren't approved for use on 9" wide rims. Check the tire manufacturers website.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
Twiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant future

Name: Austin
Twiostaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got them. No issues no spacer required. l already replied to your pm. Let me know if you have any other q's and pix in gallery. However I need to put up some better ones
Old 06-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
Showin' HAWG how it's done!
ApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant futureApacheDriver has a brilliant future

Army: AH-64D Apache Pilot
Name: Z
ApacheDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Any thoughts on pros/cons of running 285/70/17 on these wheels with an Icon Stage II lift?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about know about how the lift kit would work with your tires, but I don't think it will make a difference which lift goes with which tires in general. Usually with tires wider than 265 you have to trim the fender well and maybe do a cab mount chop.

I do know that after 10k miles I have developed a steering wheel shake. I've finally figured that it might be because the OE hub bore is 106. The bore on these Rhinos is 112. I'm now looking for a compatible hubcentric ring and having trouble finding that spec.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
I don't know about know about how the lift kit would work with your tires, but I don't think it will make a difference which lift goes with which tires in general. Usually with tires wider than 265 you have to trim the fender well and maybe do a cab mount chop.

I do know that after 10k miles I have developed a steering wheel shake. I've finally figured that it might be because the OE hub bore is 106. The bore on these Rhinos is 112. I'm now looking for a compatible hubcentric ring and having trouble finding that spec.
Extended thread lugs will help center the wheels better as well.