Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

using ac or windows down on freeway?

Old 09-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #21
08TacoTrD will become famous soon enough
08TacoTrD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Actually they found out that the truck with the AC on used less fuel thus getting better MPG than the truck with windows down. I don't remember what the difference was though. But my own tests with my other car showed better MPG with the windows up. I haven't tried it on the truck yet.

I just googled the episode and your right they did find that windows up & a/c gave better fuel economy per the computers but when they actually ran the cars on 5 gallons of fuel, the windows down & a/c off ran farther than the a/c. I think the right foot has more to do with it than anything else.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #22
Crazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
Crazyfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TacoTrD View Post
I just googled the episode and your right they did find that windows up & a/c gave better fuel economy per the computers but when they actually ran the cars on 5 gallons of fuel, the windows down & a/c off ran farther than the a/c. I think the right foot has more to do with it than anything else.

I think this is the answer!
I run windows up and A/C on...... and get over 20 consistantly in the summer. My winter mileage is what goes down.