Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Drivers side window problem

Old 09-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
Drivers side window problem

So it sounds like my window is going to explode when I roll it up.

I know toyota had a recall on the Celicas. Anyone having this problem?
Old 09-09-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
what exactly does going to explode sound like
Old 09-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeatlanta View Post
what exactly does going to explode sound like

But in all seriousness, when did this start and is there a connection to anything else happening like your driver's side door getting hit, etc.?
Old 09-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #4

It sounds like a very loud pop/crack when the window is rolled up or down. Only when it is seating into the top or bottom of the door.

Sometimes if the window is half up or down and I shut the door the glass sounds like it is going to fall into the bottom of the door.

No damage to the door or truck. THe noise started about a month ago with a little rattle almost nothing to this noise that really does sound like the glass is going to shatter.

I know I need to take it to Toyota but work is busy and I really need the money before winter sets in.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
It sounds like a very loud pop/crack when the window is rolled up or down. Only when it is seating into the top or bottom of the door.

Sometimes if the window is half up or down and I shut the door the glass sounds like it is going to fall into the bottom of the door.

No damage to the door or truck. THe noise started about a month ago with a little rattle almost nothing to this noise that really does sound like the glass is going to shatter.

I know I need to take it to Toyota but work is busy and I really need the money before winter sets in.
Truck is new so take it to dealer and let them fix it for free.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
Crazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
Crazyfrog's Tacoma Gallery
I had a problem with my Toyota Matrix a few years ago. There was a bad bushing in the window rail. It would "pop" or bang when the window was being put up. I had called the shop and had an appointment to get it fixed, but was "waiting on the part" according to the service guy. He told me the whole frame work had to be ordered. One night about 10:00 I rolled it down and the glass exploded. I ended up taking it to Safelite glass the next day and they replaced the hollow bushings in the mechanism with solid rivits.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
kube815 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
kube815's Tacoma Gallery
i know this thread has been dead for more than a year but did you ever figure it out i have the exact same problem.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kube815 View Post
i know this thread has been dead for more than a year but did you ever figure it out i have the exact same problem.
Yes ,I did. Toyota did end up replacing the acturator (SP) even after my 36k miles were up.

Toyota had this problem with several other models of cars 2003-? My GF's car was covered and it was a 2003.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #9
kube815 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
kube815's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks glad to hear that