Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Replacing my TC UCAs with the SPC UCAS

Old 09-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
mrgoodwrench is on a distinguished road
mrgoodwrench's Tacoma Gallery
Replacing my TC UCAs with the SPC UCAS

I just got my SPC UCAs in the mail yesterday. I'm going to be replacing my TC ones tomorrow. I'll get some pics of the TC parts to show the damage from hard daily driving on rough logging roads. This truck is not abused, but takes a constant beating from rough haul roads as I drive it for my job. I'm tired of rebuilding the stupid uniball arms. The TC arms are avaialble for anyone who might want to purchase them. I do not think you should run them in a wet and dirty environment like the PNW as I have. Sealed, and greased joints are the only way to go here.

My last rebuild on the TC arms was a measly 12,000 miles ago, and they have been making noise for the past 6,000. So uniballs leading a wet and dirty life are good for about 5-6000 miles before they are solid metal on metal with about 1/8 inch of slop.

Pictures coming tomorrow.....
Old 09-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Stainless uniballs, like what camburg uses, would be better. You can replace the TC chrome uniballs with stainless
Old 09-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
My SPC LR arms just failed after 9 months of use. Balljoint and a bushing on one arm, which makes me question the other arm as well... working with SPC and Wheelers on a fix, sounds like they want me to buy a new arm and ship them my old one so they can decide if they will warrantee it
Old 03-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #4
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
Stainless uniballs, like what camburg uses, would be better. You can replace the TC chrome uniballs with stainless

this...^^

See here OP http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post2804791

I have been running them and so far they lasted twice as long as the POS chrome balls TC puts in their UCA's.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:22 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
yep... so how much you selling those TC UCA's for
Old 03-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
yep... so how much you selling those TC UCA's for

Just deduct $120 for new balls then depreciation for being used and your good to go.

Get him to take a picture of the bushings cause they are $$$$ before buying them. Mine have little to no wear after 30k, but who knows if his were installed and maintained like mine were.

Wish I got mine used.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #7
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well I should update my last post by saying Wheelers and SPC took care of me. I didn't pay a dime, just my time to install two new redesigned arms.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
What was redesigned?
I thought just the bushings were redesigned
Old 08-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #10
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Well I should update my last post by saying Wheelers and SPC took care of me. I didn't pay a dime, just my time to install two new redesigned arms.
I just had the exact same thing happen with my SPC UCA's. Both balljoints went bad as well as a bushing on the drivers. Talk to SPC and within a day they had shipped brand new arms with their newly designed balljoints and bushings. What a great company to deal with. Did I mention my UCA's ha 50k kms on them and were two years old! :-o

Edit. Also just found a torn boot on the DS LCA. May as well get everything fixed at the same time.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Just deduct $120 for new balls then depreciation for being used and your good to go.

Get him to take a picture of the bushings cause they are $$$$ before buying them. Mine have little to no wear after 30k, but who knows if his were installed and maintained like mine were.

Wish I got mine used.
FK Uniballs for $40:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FK-Bearings-...8da9a8&vxp=mtr
Old 08-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #12

They redesigned their bushings and the ball joint boots. They fit a lot tighter, on the old ones they were loose around the top and could fall off, they also had a gap around the bottom. These new ones they're held on the top really well and the bottom is tight around the ball joint stud. Much better design, less crap to get into your ball joint.

I might add I found a cool lube product for you guys with uniballs. Try some dry moly spray lube on those, I bet if you keep up on it you would extend the life of em by a fair bit.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #13
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
How much for the tc
Old 08-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #14
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
My FK balls are still good

My lower shock heims are now shot though