Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is your 4.0 V6 noisy?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
A10Warthog is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 2W031
A10Warthog's Tacoma Gallery
Is your 4.0 V6 noisy?

I traded in my 06 V6 Accord for my Tacoma a couple months ago and can't get over how rattly the engine is. My Accord was SILENT when running. My Tacoma (especially at low RPMS) almost sounds like a quiet diesel (which would be nice)

I've changed to Mobil 1 Synthetic, changed plugs. Don't know what else I can do to quiet this thing down.

I'm probably just so used to the Accord and my wifes TSX and how refined they are and need to get used to the fact I drive a truck now.

Other than that, really liking the Tacoma. Fits my needs perfect.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
blah blah blah
inesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shedinesshell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

inesshell's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to inesshell
yea its a noisy engine period. Toyota could have done a better job dampening the cabin but its a truck and not a lux car.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
truck!!! Its a hell of a lot quiter than a 2000 F-350 with the 7.3L
Old 09-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
truck!!! Its a hell of a lot quiter than a 2000 F-350 with the 7.3L
Easy now, thats the best diesel ever made you're talking about

My dad just picked up his third. Found an 02 (last year made) with 90k miles on it, F-350 4x4 Lariat, owned by an old man.

He paid a premium but nothing compares these days.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10Warthog View Post

My dad just picked up his third. Found an 02 (last year made) with 90k miles on it, F-350 4x4 Lariat, owned by an old man.

Not saying anything bad about them, just comparing tacos to the 7.3L
Old 09-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Not saying anything bad about them, just comparing tacos to the 7.3L
Just giving you a hard time
Old 09-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Mine sounds like an engine running.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #8
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Its the nature of the beast....personally I like the ticking that way I know my engine is alive
Old 09-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
most the time i dont even know mine is running. i can have it running to jump a car or for music when i max and i can be 5 feet and cant tell it is running. can’t really hear it in side ether! my truck is an ’07 with 29’*** miles. got it in may with 24’965 on ODO when i left the lot.

edit: one time i started it after i got out of wal mart and i set like 3 texts and i tried to start it but it was already started.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
seafoam the damn thing
Old 09-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Yeah it's noisy. There's an easy fix to eliminate the ticking sound.
?? I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #13
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
very
Old 09-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #14
Yo! Wat up peeps?
1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future

1Bigbird's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
?? I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks
Stereo!
This works for squeaks and rattles too!
Old 09-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #16
samer312 will become famous soon enough
Name: Sam
samer312's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

BS 5.9 Cummins best ever
Old 09-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #17
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
The 6.7 is beast as well. So nice to drive. I dunno what you guys are talking about, it gets at least 16 when I'm driving it. If not more.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #18
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Im taking mine in its too dam quite. no ticking valve's nothing the old lady keeps trying to start it but it's already running... I guess I got the bad one!!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #19
Yo! Wat up peeps?
1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future

1Bigbird's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Im taking mine in its too dam quite. no ticking valve's nothing the old lady keeps trying to start it but it's already running... I guess I got the bad one!!!!
No worries! She'll fix it real good for you!