Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question regarding lifting and tires

Old 09-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
Voltairevillain is just really niceVoltairevillain is just really niceVoltairevillain is just really niceVoltairevillain is just really niceVoltairevillain is just really nice
Voltairevillain's Tacoma Gallery
Question regarding lifting and tires

Hi everyone, first post here. Hope I'm in the right spot.

Just bought a '11 4x2 and I want to lift it and put some nice big tires / rims on. It is really low right now (stock) so I was hoping someone could point me the right direction - I don't have loads of cash to spend but I want it to sit at least as high as the stock TRD maybe an inch higher. Any suggestions regarding a lift kit and wheel/tire combinations would be appreciated.

Sorry, I know the information is probably located a hundred times on this forum but I really don't know where to start!

Also, as far as budget goes, I can probably swing around 500 - 600 bucks. I was thinking I would get the lift kit new and then try to find a good deal on some used rims/tires. I just need the correct specs so I can start shopping around.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Get the 5100 set at 1.75 or if you want lil higher go with aal and set the front at 2.5.

Tires loads people put 285s with a lil trim and it fills in nicely. I got 265s and love them.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
Voltairevillain is just really niceVoltairevillain is just really niceVoltairevillain is just really niceVoltairevillain is just really niceVoltairevillain is just really nice
Thanks for the info. One more question, a lot of the information I see is for the prerunner 4x2. I don't have this - just a stock 4 cyl SR5. will that make a difference?
Old 09-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
So you a five lugger? yes it makes a Hugh diff
Old 09-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
Thanks! that is exactly what I was looking for.

- the nOOb