Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 Parts Interchangeable?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #21
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
the steering wheel is the same as the 4runner so you could swap them. I almost did before the 2012 came out when I had to replace my airbag. Its uses the same circuit for the steering wheel controls as well. You could probably find a used undeployed 4runner wheel and airbag on ebay.

Also, I am pretty sure the nav unit will only swap into the tacomas with JBL. I have looked at the wiring diagrams for the 4runner and I would bet my truck the new nav system is based off the 4runner which uses the separate amp just like the JBL tacomas.

but a 2day pass to toyota's TIS and you could know for sure about the radio. that is if anyone has $15 they want to sacrifice.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #22
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Wow That 4-Runner dash looks sick! Not to hijack this thread but I would like to see what an after market bezel looks like to install an after market radio.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #23
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the landcruiser Prado has the same steering wheel
Wheel:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LAND-...#ht_1338wt_941

Airbag:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...#ht_500wt_1182
Old 09-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #24
platinumb is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
platinumb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Ninja_Racer View Post
Wow That 4-Runner dash looks sick! Not to hijack this thread but I would like to see what an after market bezel looks like to install an after market radio.
the dash kit for the new 4runner to install an aftermarket head unit looks like shit, i usually buy my cars without navigation and install my own but purchased our 2011 4runner with it from the factorry because i hated the look of the kit. it has way too much blank plastic space it just looks funny in an otherwise really nice dash. factory navi looks good though.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #25
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumb View Post
the dash kit for the new 4runner to install an aftermarket head unit looks like shit, i usually buy my cars without navigation and install my own but purchased our 2011 4runner with it from the factorry because i hated the look of the kit. it has way too much blank plastic space it just looks funny in an otherwise really nice dash. factory navi looks good though.
Sadly That what I was thinking as I was trying to figure it out in my mind.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #26
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
It looks, to me at least, that the fenders are actually the same as the 05-11 models...just need the front bumper, grille, fog lights, headlights and headlight inserts...is the hood the same? It looks like it may be slightly different, but it's hard to tell. I guess the fenders might be a little different as well considering the headlight shape did change a little.

Time will tell!

Old 09-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #27
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandigirolamo View Post
So, my 2006 was easily converted to look like the 11's. New LEDs, modified the emblems on the tail gate, grill, headlights. Do you think the 2012 parts will work with ours? I guess its too soon to tell, im going to get a good look at the dealership. Also, interior? that looks like it might be a possibility also. What do you think?
Anything is possible with a fat wallet
Old 09-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #28
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully black diamond fab will satoshi this asap!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:10 AM   #29
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerkamp8817 View Post
the new steering wheel looks just like the ones from the new 4 runners. not sure if the 2012 tacomas are leather wrapped but the 4runners can come leather wrapped. anyone know how much the wheel from a 4 runner would cost? don't forget the air bags are different sizes so we should look into that cost as well.

see my old thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ing-wheel.html

new 4runner wheel:

new 2012 tacoma wheel:

Where did you get the pic of the 2012 Taco???
Old 09-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #30
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Pay $800 to make your 06 to look like a 12 with the same technical specs. My reasoning for not upgrading to a 2012.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #31
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
Where did you get the pic of the 2012 Taco???
He took them at his local dealership - they had one 2012 on the lot.

Fink
Old 09-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #32
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Hood and fenders look to be the same as '05-'11. The headlights look more elongated because Toyota eliminated the radius on the bottom edge of the lens. This does mean you will need the trim piece below each headlight.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #33
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Lol. The damn truck just hit the dealer!
Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #34
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerkamp8817 View Post
the new steering wheel looks just like the ones from the new 4 runners. not sure if the 2012 tacomas are leather wrapped but the 4runners can come leather wrapped. anyone know how much the wheel from a 4 runner would cost? don't forget the air bags are different sizes so we should look into that cost as well.

see my old thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ing-wheel.html

new 4runner wheel:

new 2012 tacoma wheel:

No view of the 4x4 switch?
Old 09-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #35
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
That one is a pre-runner.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #36
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
That one is a pre-runner.
not the second pic.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #37

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not the second pic.
The pics from the dealer (member took) is a pre-runner.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #38
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Search noob.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #39

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Search noob.

Oh thats it, i know where you live.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #40
Banned
Quote:
Oh thats it, i know where you live.
No you don't...crap I bought an illuminated 4wd switch.