Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 Parts Interchangeable?

Old 09-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Parts Interchangeable?

So, my 2006 was easily converted to look like the 11's. New LEDs, modified the emblems on the tail gate, grill, headlights. Do you think the 2012 parts will work with ours? I guess its too soon to tell, im going to get a good look at the dealership. Also, interior? that looks like it might be a possibility also. What do you think?
Old 09-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I wana try for the sterring wheel. Don't see why it wouldn't fit. As far as I know nothing steering has changed, besides the wheel.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Entune?

Fink
Old 09-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
I think you might need the airbag for the steering wheel which should cost a few pennies
Old 09-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Exterior parts should all drop-in. You will need to replace the grille and headlights at the same time due to the different seam locations compared to '05-'11. The little filler plate below each headlight needs to be changed, too.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
and fog lights, but I'm pretty sure the fog lights are not unique for the tacoma, probably highlander or something like that has those fog lights too
Old 09-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #9
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Yes... I will be doing this.
can't wait for you to satoshi it
Old 09-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #11
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Wonder how long it will take for projector halos to show up for the 2012s.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #13
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
I want that front end. Couldn't be more than $600. Watch, I'll have my 2006 looking like a 06, 11, and 12.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #14
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
I want the steering wheel and the navigation!
This. I like the gauge cluster better as well.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #15
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandigirolamo View Post
I want that front end. Couldn't be more than $600. Watch, I'll have my 2006 looking like a 06, 11, and 12.
Might need new fenders cause of the headlights. It will definitely cost more than 600, cause you will need to paint everything.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #16
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส

dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Might need new fenders cause of the headlights. It will definitely cost more than 600, cause you will need to paint everything.
got my air gun, and 2 quarts of BSP already from when i did my rear bumper. yeah i think the fenders may need to be replaced also...
Old 09-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #17

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandigirolamo View Post
got my air gun, and 2 quarts of BSP already from when i did my rear bumper. yeah i think the fenders may need to be replaced also...
Nice!!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #18
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
I think the changes are ploy to make money off all the 2012 posers
Old 09-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #19
rogerkamp8817 is on a distinguished road

Name: Roger
rogerkamp8817's Tacoma Gallery
the new steering wheel looks just like the ones from the new 4 runners. not sure if the 2012 tacomas are leather wrapped but the 4runners can come leather wrapped. anyone know how much the wheel from a 4 runner would cost? don't forget the air bags are different sizes so we should look into that cost as well.

see my old thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ing-wheel.html

new 4runner wheel:

new 2012 tacoma wheel:

Old 09-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #20

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I would love to get my hands on the 4-runner/ 2012 taco steering wheel.